• Nicole and Joshua Hay of New Berlin are the parents of Jaelyn Marie Hay, born Feb. 23, 2011, at Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls. She was 7 pounds, 3 ounces, and 20 inches long. She joins brother Braydin, 10.
• The following students earned their bachelor's degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in December: from Muskego, Thomas Jashek, business administration; and from New Berlin, Shaun Anderson, environmental engineering, Talia Martino, mathematics magna cum laude, and Vincent Matarrese, civil engineering.
• The following students earned bachelor's degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in December: from Muskego, Jonathan Fink, finance, Kortni Librizzi, early childhood education, Brianne Meyer, early childhood education, summa cum laude, Jacob Nitz, computer systems management, magna cum laude, Dylan Peaslee, sociology, Adam Tieck, general business, and Brian Weber, sociology; and from New Berlin, Christina Cimpl, elementary education, David Funke, finance, Elizabeth Hornak, human resource management, magna cum laude, Grant Karas, finance, Zachary Rice, history, and Matthew Spencer, political science. Also, Damian Mannino of New Berlin earned a master's degree in business administration.
• The following students from New Berlin earned degrees from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December: with bachelor's degrees, Nicholas Nelson, economics, and Andrea Trojan, community health education; and with master's degrees, James Domagalski, software engineering, and Sarah Gruszka, biology.
• Bryce Ball of New Berlin earned his bachelor's degree in biblical literature from Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion in December.
• Chad Eichman of Muskego earned his doctorate in philosophy from Ohio State University in Columbus. He is doing his post-doctorate work at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill.
• Eric Oberst of New Berlin made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Indianapolis in Indiana.
• Stephanie Jones of New Berlin made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana.
• Rebecca Hayes of New Berlin made the fall semester dean's list at Grove City College in Pennsylvania.
• Dana Luehrs of New Berlin made the fall semester dean's list at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
• Lindsey Holty, Michael Mach, Andrew Rohloff and Taylor Thomas of New Berlin were inducted into Phi Theta Kappa, the national honor society for two-year colleges, at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha in March.
• Muskego High School seniors Taylor Drolshagen and Samantha Scheidt have been named 2011 National Merit Scholarship finalists. Taylor and Samantha were selected for their scores on the National Merit Scholarship Test.
• Eddye Tyler, daughter of Rob and Wendy Tyler of New Berlin, has been awarded a $750 Maverick Scholarship from Minnesota State University-Mankato for her freshman year of study, 2011-12.
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus news: April 21, 2016
- Celebrations: July 10
- Celebrations: June 26
- Celebrations: June 19
- Celebrations: May 29
- Celebrations: May 15
- Celebrations: May 1
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 13
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 17