·Christopher Sudfeld of New Berlin earned his doctorate in epidemiology from Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass., in May. He is a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point in May: from Muskego, Jacquelyn Christopher, wildlife ecology, Jacob Kaiser, soil and waste management, Jacob Koebernik, biology, wildlife ecology, cum laude, Jessica Ross, biology, and Jessica Wieland, interior architecture; and from New Berlin, John Grosch, biology, fisheries and water resources, cum laude, Brenna Hanley, biochemistry, Waneta Kratz, master's degree in natural resources, Robert Lisiecki, wildlife ecology, and Emily VanDyne, English, Spanish, cum laude.
·Drew Gunderson of Muskego, a biology and French major at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Rachael Baird of New Berlin, a genetics major, received $3,000 Hilldale Scholarships to work in collaboration with their faculty advisors on research projects.
· The following students made the spring semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse: from Muskego, Christine Carroll, Christopher DeWinter, Kelsey Kotecki, Megan Kuchenbecker, Samantha Mlachnik, Cody Nelson, Marko Tomich, Alyssa Unold and Kimberlyn Warkoczewski; and from New Berlin, Khayriah Alwaissi, Molly Barbeau, Lauren Beres, Kristen Carow, Elena Curtis, Cory Degner, Rebecca Dobrzynski, Alexander Ehlert, Lauren Engibous, Cassandra Frank, Kati Fredericksen, Jessica Herrmann, Jamie Kilps, Mackenzie Koch, Leah Kritter, Hailey Kunz, Michael LaValley, Allison Liang, Jessica Liban, Ryan Lucchesi, Natalie Newcomer, Amy Olson, Rebecca Peot, Lauren Popp, Shawna Rickard, Carly Shinners, Stephanie Stancl and Morgan Zimmerman.
·Holly Janusz of Muskego and Morgan Becker and Renee Rathjen of New Berlin made the spring semester dean's list at Iowa State University in Ames.
·Micah Matthews of New Berlin made the spring semester dean's list at Hope College in Holland, Mich.
· The following students made the spring semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire: from Muskego, Lauren Anderson, Casey Gabrhel, Grace Johnson and Shannon Riley; and from New Berlin, Mitchell Groth, Megan King, Alex Munger, Courtney Nichols, Alexandra Petre, Susan Ruehle and Alissa Twining.
· The following students made the spring semester dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point: from Muskego, Elissa Albert, Jacquelyn Christopher, Jacob Koebernik, Taylor Luedtke, Stacey McBride and Jessica Ross; and from New Berlin, Ashley Averkamp, TaylorAnn Christiansen, Kayla Hunt, Nicole Mawbey, Katelyn Morici and Kyra Nowacki.
·Ryan Johnson-Evers of Muskego was one of eight Bluffton (Ohio) University students who traveled to the village of Pitseng in Botswana, Africa, in May for a three-week cross-cultural experience. They delivered three new laptop computers and equipment to provide Internet access to Pitseng, repaired the elementary school's existing computers, and trained village leaders how to use the equipment. Johnson-Evers also made the spring semester dean's list.
·Alex Wieland of Muskego, a Muskego High School senior, has been invited to attend the Experimental Aircraft Association Advanced Air Academy 2013 in Oshkosh. The EAA Air Academy offers high-schoolers the opportunity to work with aviation professionals while learning the arts, sciences, and lore of aviation in both classroom and workshop settings. Academy activities include flight experience, workshops, classroom study, and the EAA AirVenture 2013 aviation festival.
· Air National Guard Airman Patrick M. Murphy graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland in San Antonio, Texas. Murphy, the son of Dean and Debra Murphy of Muskego, is a 2002 graduate of Muskego High School. He earned a bachelor's degree in 2006 from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
·Brian Busch of New Berlin and Bill Starich of Muskego, truck drivers with Con-way Freight, earned recognition for each driving 2 million accident-free miles, which is the eqivalent of driving the length of the state of Wisconsin 6,452 times without ever getting into an accident. Busch also was recognized for 25 years on the job with Con-way.
· Soprano Kristin Schwecke of New Berlin has been accepted into the competitive apprentice program at Chautauqua Opera in New York City for the 2013 summer season. She will perform as Niece 2 in "Peter Grimes."
Got some good news to share? We want to hear all about it. Send your announcements to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha 53186; or to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 30
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 17
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 25
- Celebrations: July 4
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 6
- Celebrations: May 23