Voting "yes" for the school referendum is not only the right thing to do but is also a smart thing to do.
The future business and residential growth of the city of Muskego could be, may already be, negatively impacted by our failure to invest in our aging schools. Future business owners and homebuyers, in particular young families, won't be impressed when they see our aging elementary facilities.
Perception is reality when prospective buyers look at our community. The supply/demand market principle is in play here. The better we, as a community, look to a buyer, the higher demand there is in the market and that translates to higher market values for all of us.
Additionally, no one would argue we have several aging schools that will be replaced sooner than later. Why not take advantage of very low bond interest and construction costs now. Postponing this project will most likely result in paying more.
The School Board and taxpayer groups studied the needs of the district over the past two years and have proposed a responsible plan that deserves your consideration.
John R. Johnson
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Old weight room floor slated for fix
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- Wine and beer will flow at a fund raiser for the Muskego Library
- New Berlin panel exploring options for affordable housing in New Berlin: Housing trust fund of $75,000 is available to reach goal
- New Berlin, Muskego officials ask Madison lawmakers for relief from stormwater tax
- Potential expansions for sports facailites at Muskego High School being examined by School Board