New Berlin holds contest for biggest birch
New Berlin - The nomination deadline is April 29, Arbor Day, for the largest birch tree in New Berlin.
The city is sponsoring a biggest birch tree contest to draw attention to the many fine trees in the city and to provide a fun family activity.
Nomination forms and the point system used by the American Forestry Association can be obtained from the New Berlin Parks, Recreation & Forestry Office in the City Hall, 3805 S. Casper Drive, or downloaded off the city website, newberlin.org.
Awards will be presented at the May meeting of the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission. More information is available at (262) 797-2443.
They stuffed the bus for Muskego food pantry
Muskego - A Stuff the Bus food drive for the Muskego food pantry was held Saturday at the Muskego Pick 'n Save, W17005 Janesville Road.
The event was co-sponsored by Bay Lane Middle School and the Muskego American Legion and Auxiliary Post 356.
Candidate forum for Gunderson seat
Muskego - The Muskego Teen Advisory Board will hold a candidate forum from 6 to 8 p.m. April 28 in the Muskego room of City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave., so that voters can hear the candidates running for the 83rd Assembly District.
A special election will be held May 3 to fill the seat of Scott Gunderson, who was appointed to a position with the state Department of Natural Resources.
The candidates are Republican Dave Craig and Democrat James Brownlow.
The forum will give residents and business people the opportunity to ask the questions, which also may be called in. (That phone number was not available at press time.) Chris Buckmaster will moderate the forum.
Lincoln Avenue traffic diverted from work zone
New Berlin - Lincoln Avenue was to be closed starting this week at Calhoun Road for culvert replacement and road work.
So, traffic on Lincoln is being diverted to detour routes.
The main detour is Liberty Lane and 179th Street. Traffic traveling east on Lincoln Avenue toward Calhoun Road is being directed to use 179th Street and Liberty Lane to get to Calhoun Road. Westbound traffic on Lincoln must turn south onto Calhoun Road and then be directed to Liberty Lane and 179th Street to get back to Lincoln Avenue.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014