Muskego officials will go fishing for a grant enabling the city to buy out a Janesville Road home that has suffered some of the worst flooding in the city.
The home suffered $60,000 damage in the 2008 flood and the family could not live in the home for 4½ months, said city engineer David Simpson. Then last year, the home suffered $15,000 to $20,000 damage.
Last night, the Common Council gave the go-ahead to ask for the Hazard Mitigation Grant for the $165,550 buyout and razing project. If obtained, the city's share would be only $21,000. The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District officials said the MMSD might be interested in helping out a bit possibly bringing the city's share down to $9,000.
Word might come in September about the fate of the application for the federal and state dollars, Simpson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All escape from devastating duplex fire in Muskego
- Rinse station eyed for Little Muskego Lake
- Safety committee defends call times
- Taco Bell plans new store for Muskego
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- Little Muskego Lake residential project comes back to city officials
- Little Muskego Lake project back with lower density