Muskego as another chance to create a park on Little Muskego Lake to boost lakeside recreation and provide lake views to motorists as part of a broader development project.
Last night, a developer offered the city the opportunity to buy two lots at Janesville and Pioneer roads, an area that was home to Muskego Beach and DandiLion Park, once a major tourist attraction along the lake.
The lots currently have houses on them, but attorney Gerald Boisits, representing developer Ener-Con Companies of Greenfield, told the Muskego Common Council that the owners are willing to sell.
The area is is roughly on the same site where another much larger park was proposed last year. That idea failed mainly because it was too big and too expensive and it required razing some nice homes. The current proposal is smaller and presumably less expensive, although no asking price has been discussed for the two homes assessed at $3.5 million.
In addition to the park, the development could include new homes.
On the lot just west of the two offered for the park, Ener-Con hopes to build a gated community of four homes close to the lake. That plan also includes a fifth building close to Janesville Road that would have commercial on the first floor with residential on top. An existing home east of the park lots would be left as a buffer to the Bay Breeze condominiums located further east.
The idea will go to the Park and Recreation Board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 12 which will evaluate whether the city wants a park in that location. A positive recommendation is expected, as the Park Board also gave its blessings to the larger park last year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Tornado watch in effect
- Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce honors pair of businesses
- Citizen Athlete: Functional Fitness for the Athlete in You opens in Muskego
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 9
- Victory is a piece of cake for Slice Custom Cakes in Muskego
- Elementary principal named in Muskego-Norway School District
- Community calendar: April 9, 2015
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 2
- A "Shop Second Saturdays" drive is being started by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism