Muskego as another chance to create a park on Little Muskego Lake to boost lakeside recreation and provide lake views to motorists as part of a broader development project.
Last night, a developer offered the city the opportunity to buy two lots at Janesville and Pioneer roads, an area that was home to Muskego Beach and DandiLion Park, once a major tourist attraction along the lake.
The lots currently have houses on them, but attorney Gerald Boisits, representing developer Ener-Con Companies of Greenfield, told the Muskego Common Council that the owners are willing to sell.
The area is is roughly on the same site where another much larger park was proposed last year. That idea failed mainly because it was too big and too expensive and it required razing some nice homes. The current proposal is smaller and presumably less expensive, although no asking price has been discussed for the two homes assessed at $3.5 million.
In addition to the park, the development could include new homes.
On the lot just west of the two offered for the park, Ener-Con hopes to build a gated community of four homes close to the lake. That plan also includes a fifth building close to Janesville Road that would have commercial on the first floor with residential on top. An existing home east of the park lots would be left as a buffer to the Bay Breeze condominiums located further east.
The idea will go to the Park and Recreation Board meeting at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 12 which will evaluate whether the city wants a park in that location. A positive recommendation is expected, as the Park Board also gave its blessings to the larger park last year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School Board includes police dogs to help search student property
- High ACTs achieved in local schools; New Berlin and Muskego High School students attain notable scor
- Senior taxi ridership drops as elderly users pass away; program in search of new passengers
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Charity event to feature fashion in Muskego
- Musekgo High School employs sex offender security system
- Upcoming annual Muskego Community Festival will be a highflying event.
- Muskego Plan Commission shuns changes for lake homes, senior condos
- Retired Muskego High School principal will serve as interim replacement for Ryan Oertel
- Muskego-Norway School District chooses former principal for interim job