New Berlin has selected a contractor to do all the preliminary site and engineering work that's needed to firm up a proposal for a splash pad water attraction at Malone Park.
SAA Design Group Inc. was awarded the contract for up to $29,958 last night by the Common Council.
The firm will provide details short of actual project plans and construction documents, but will complete at least a conceptual design for the splashpad, trail, playground, and parking areas. The analysis will also explore options and certain details, such as how the water should be recirculated.
SAA will also provide marketing assistance to the New Berlin Junior Woman's Club, which is trying to raise funds for the project.
The splash pad is a water play area in which children run past fixtures that squirt or pour water on them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego, Mukwonago, Elm Grove team up to cut 911 costs
- Muskego Girl Scout earns Gold Award by constructing outdoor classroom
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego