New Berlin has selected a contractor to do all the preliminary site and engineering work that's needed to firm up a proposal for a splash pad water attraction at Malone Park.
SAA Design Group Inc. was awarded the contract for up to $29,958 last night by the Common Council.
The firm will provide details short of actual project plans and construction documents, but will complete at least a conceptual design for the splashpad, trail, playground, and parking areas. The analysis will also explore options and certain details, such as how the water should be recirculated.
SAA will also provide marketing assistance to the New Berlin Junior Woman's Club, which is trying to raise funds for the project.
The splash pad is a water play area in which children run past fixtures that squirt or pour water on them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Muskego student Clayton Cavanaugh is asking school board to begin high school classes at 9 a.m.
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- Aquatic experts gather to devise battle plan for new pest found in Little Muskego Lake