New Berlin has selected a contractor to do all the preliminary site and engineering work that's needed to firm up a proposal for a splash pad water attraction at Malone Park.
SAA Design Group Inc. was awarded the contract for up to $29,958 last night by the Common Council.
The firm will provide details short of actual project plans and construction documents, but will complete at least a conceptual design for the splashpad, trail, playground, and parking areas. The analysis will also explore options and certain details, such as how the water should be recirculated.
SAA will also provide marketing assistance to the New Berlin Junior Woman's Club, which is trying to raise funds for the project.
The splash pad is a water play area in which children run past fixtures that squirt or pour water on them.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Park Arthur West development on hold
- Improved National Night Out set for Muskego
- Proposed gated community and senior condo project on Little Muskego Lake greeted with citizen concern
- Random drug testing for certain students will start this fall at Muskego High School
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014
- Muskego and New Berlin police reports July 2-10
- Officials examine report that says some municipal ambulance response times dragged on for 14 to 23 m
- Muskego holds public hearing on residential development proposed for Little Muskego Lake