The Muskego Common Council last night extended an offer to buy 108 acres of prime conservation land adjacent to the 27-acre Ridges conservation area, north of Field Drive and west of Hillendale Drive.
The $1,243,648 offer is contingent on the city receiving a state Department of Natural Resources grant, though it is unclear how much of the purchase price the grant would cover. The city has had property appraised.
Officials say conserving the land, owned by Nancy Borst, is important because it has areas identified as conservation and acquisition priorities in the city's Parks & Conservation Plan and its 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students
- Food fight flops at Muskego High