The Muskego Common Council last night extended an offer to buy 108 acres of prime conservation land adjacent to the 27-acre Ridges conservation area, north of Field Drive and west of Hillendale Drive.
The $1,243,648 offer is contingent on the city receiving a state Department of Natural Resources grant, though it is unclear how much of the purchase price the grant would cover. The city has had property appraised.
Officials say conserving the land, owned by Nancy Borst, is important because it has areas identified as conservation and acquisition priorities in the city's Parks & Conservation Plan and its 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch