In what Muskego Police Chief Paul Geiszler calls a highly prized recognition, Muskego police will again seek the backing of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group concerning how it adheres to certain standards.
If approval, it would be the city's second accreditation renewal. But first, as part of the assessment to be carried out next week by an accreditation team, the public will have a chance to comment. The focus will mainly be on how people feel they were treated in contacts with police.
The public comment meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Sept. 7 at Muskego City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave. Those who cannot attend may offer comments by phone at (262) 679-5664 between 1 and 4 p.m. Sept. 7. Appearances and telephone comments will be limited to 10 minutes and must address the department's compliance with police standards.
Written comments may be sent to the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group, 2720 Boles Circle, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495.
Accreditation status is granted for three years, during which time the agency must submit annual reports attesting continued compliance with the standards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School Board includes police dogs to help search student property
- High ACTs achieved in local schools; New Berlin and Muskego High School students attain notable scor
- Senior taxi ridership drops as elderly users pass away; program in search of new passengers
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Charity event to feature fashion in Muskego
- Musekgo High School employs sex offender security system
- Upcoming annual Muskego Community Festival will be a highflying event.
- Muskego Plan Commission shuns changes for lake homes, senior condos
- Retired Muskego High School principal will serve as interim replacement for Ryan Oertel
- Muskego-Norway School District chooses former principal for interim job