The owner of DJ's Pub and Grill, a property that was involved in at least one controversial proposal to establish a park on Little Muskego Lake, has again submitted plans to the city for a restaurant/bar twice the size of the current establishment and a separate four-family building.
Owner Dan Hewitt had submitted hand-drawn project plans to the city earlier this year, but last summer, the Muskego Common Council refused the needed rezoning, saying not enough specifics were submitted.
DJ's, W18040 Janesville Road, closed Sunday and will be demolished because it's in the way of the Janesville Road widening project.
On Tuesday, Hewitt will be before the Plan Commission with far more detailed plans.
They show the restaurant/bar close to Janesville Road and the residential building close to the shore of Little Muskego Lake.
At the Plan Commission, Hewitt will seek site, building and operation plan approval. That will be separate from the need to change the current residential zoning to downtown revival zoning.
His plans meet city zoning requirements except for the amount of parking required for the restaurant/bar. There are enough spaces for the restaurant, but are 12 spaces short if Hewitt wants to keep to his plan of providing 800 square feet of meeting room space on the lower level for civic groups or family gatherings.
- Muskego gets a $500,000 state grant for Parkland Mall redevelopment (1)
- Time lapse: A tour of Big Muskego Lake shows hope, beauty reign in giant wetland
- Muskego Police blotter: July 21
- Inclusive playground, dumping prairie part of Muskego parks review
- Muskego child enticement hearing for former West Bend official delayed
- Questions must be answered before Muskego Youth Football can use park
- Muskego soccer parents, Kurth Park neighbors might be on same side
- Dog park idea takes step backward in Muskego
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- Pickleball tickles Muskego seniors who flock to new courts