The owner of DJ's Pub and Grill, a property that was involved in at least one controversial proposal to establish a park on Little Muskego Lake, has again submitted plans to the city for a restaurant/bar twice the size of the current establishment and a separate four-family building.
Owner Dan Hewitt had submitted hand-drawn project plans to the city earlier this year, but last summer, the Muskego Common Council refused the needed rezoning, saying not enough specifics were submitted.
DJ's, W18040 Janesville Road, closed Sunday and will be demolished because it's in the way of the Janesville Road widening project.
On Tuesday, Hewitt will be before the Plan Commission with far more detailed plans.
They show the restaurant/bar close to Janesville Road and the residential building close to the shore of Little Muskego Lake.
At the Plan Commission, Hewitt will seek site, building and operation plan approval. That will be separate from the need to change the current residential zoning to downtown revival zoning.
His plans meet city zoning requirements except for the amount of parking required for the restaurant/bar. There are enough spaces for the restaurant, but are 12 spaces short if Hewitt wants to keep to his plan of providing 800 square feet of meeting room space on the lower level for civic groups or family gatherings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band to be in Mardi Gras parade
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Fire causes $300,000 in damage to Muskego boutique
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools