Many New Berlin School District employees will receive a one-time payment outside of the collective bargaining process, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
The board approved a 1.64 percent increase for the 2011-12 school year and a 1.86 percent increase for the current 2012-13 school year. Those who will receive the payment are current teachers, specialists, librarians, psychologists, counselors, therapists and special education paraprofessionals who worked for the district before this year. Payments are expected to be made early in 2013.
Board member Art Marquardt called the one-time payment an important way-station as the district works on a full compensation redesign. The compensation plan will be designed to recruit, retain and reward employees, and will form the basis of future compensation decisions.
While that redesign is in progress, the board wants to show the staff how it values and appreciates employees, board President David Maxey said.
The staff works hard and the board wants to recognize that, said board member Tom David, who also noted that it will help them keep up with the cost of living.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- Aquatic experts gather to devise battle plan for new pest found in Little Muskego Lake
- The musical "Catch Me If You Can" will be staged at Muskego High School
- Updated: Interim appointed after New Berlin West boys basketball coach arrested for pot (1)
- Milwaukee man accused of sexually assaulting 15-year-old Muskego girl
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band heads to New Orleans
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel