Getting around Muskego could be a bit of a problem for some this year, but for those willing to make the trek there will also be more to do.
Alternate routes will be on pretty much everyone's minds this year as phase two of the Janesville Road widening project gets under way.
The finishing touches to phase one from Moorland Road to about Lannon Drive will be applied this year prior to the June 15 deadline. After the final layer of asphalt is laid and landscaping done, widening work will start on phase two from Lannon Drive west to Racine Avenue.
Janesville Road will not be finished until 2014.
For those who navigate through it all, there are rewards in store.
Muskego's newest park, Park Arthur, W17833 College Ave., will offer more fun - in fact, it has already begun ith the snowfall, as kids slide down the city's first sledding hill.
This summer, the new park will also unveil a new full-size baseball diamond. It's partly funded by the Junior Warriors Baseball organization, which created the diamond after the city did the grading, said Craig Anderson, parks and recreation director.
Work will begin this fall on three smaller ball fields, partly funded by the Muskego Athletic Association, at Park Arthur, Anderson said.
The fields and the sledding hill will be lighted this year, and a shelter also will be put up toward the end of summer, he added.
To better control traffic, the city also might put gates where the park road meets College Avenue and Martin Drive, Anderson said.
The city has new recreational opporunities elsewhere, as well.
At Moorland Park, near Moorland Road and Sandalwood Drive, a sand volleyball court might be added this year near the city's skate park, he said.
Finally, Anderson said he is writing for grants to build a fishing pier that would be accessible to those with handicaps and make improvements at the Boxhorn boat launch on Big Muskego Lake.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
- Ongoing negotiations delay vote on Parkland Mall redevelopment plan in Muskego
- Muskego Chamber of Commerce announces Jammin' on Janesville dates
- Muskego Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Bend city administrator free after being charged with enticing Muskego girl
- Muskego aldermen advised not to attend Parkland Mall info meeting
- Chemicals, lake drawdown could be part of stonewort plan in Muskego
- Public hearing April 26 on rezoning for Parkland Mall proposal in Muskego
- Muskego City Hall, police department plans win plan commission favor (1)
- Special taxing status recommended for plan at former Parkland Mall (7)
- Muskego Police blotter: April 1-8