St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Impressive light show hidden in Muskego
- Bakery cooks up new store in Muskego
- Reservations for Waukesha County Parks start Jan. 2
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- Muskego gets recreation manager
- Wine bar's success ferments its expansion
- Part of the cost of a proposed bike path on North Cape Road could be borne by the developer of the A
- Shopping center to dress up
- Former mayor pens history of Muskego
- Teens facing marijuana charges