St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new
- Muskego walks in the footsteps of history, guided by signs
- Muskego Jeopardy will test your knowledge of community history
- Calendar: Nov. 13