St. Joseph Catholic School, S8930 St. Joseph Drive, in Big Bend will stay open after all, it was announced Friday.
Officials had notified families of St. Joseph School on Tuesday that the school would close at the end of the year.
The parish hall was filled on Thursday night with people looking for answers as to why the school was closing, and what could be done to save it. Many gave powerful, heartfelt testimony as to what the school has meant to them, their children and their grandchildren. At the end of the meeting, the decision to close the school was taken under advisement, with a definite answer to follow Friday.
The school will hold an open house Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to launch a weeklong celebration of Catholic Schools Week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway board to discuss potential $55 million referendum
- Archbishop coming to Muskego area to install priest Dec. 6
- Muskego-Norway explores establishing alumni association
- Muskego schools may expand high school credit for middle schoolers
- Muskego schools approve 1.62 percent raises for nonteachers
- Muskego Country Christmas coming Saturday to bring holiday magic
- Young hands, old history combine for colorful mosaic of Muskego life
- Muskego's Lakepoint Church to hold grand opening in 1st permanent home
- First homesite reserved in Muskego Beach Club lakeside development (1)
- Referendum still the $55 million question for Muskego-Norway schools