Anyone who has been to the Walmart in the New Berlin City Center lately knows that the store is inviting customers to sign a petition if they would like to see the Walmart Super Center proposed for Greenfield Avenue built.
The store has a display of where the controversial Walmart would be located, showing its placement including how far off the road it would be.
If shoppers pause at the display, a staff member invites them to sign the petition if they would like the store to be built.
Currently, Walmart officials are trying to win city approval of the proposed store at 15205 W. Greenfield Ave. The store would need a change in zoning and in the city 2020 Comprehensive Plan.
The goal of the petition is to try to show city officials that there is support for the proposed Walmart.
If the Super Center is approved, the current Walmart will be closed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch