Municipal charges are expected to be filed this week against seven Muskego High School seniors in connection with the air being let out of the tires of 61 school buses and graffiti on the school.
School was delayed two hours in the Muskego-Norway School District on June 6 after the Lamers Bus Company, W19247 Enterprise Drive, reported that air had been let out of one tire on 61 of its 63 school buses. Several of the buses also had "2013" written on them with window soap, police said.
Police believe it was related to an incident in early morning June 4 when several derogatory words and obscene drawings were left on Muskego High School with chalk and window soap. That was cleaned off by school personnel before school started.
Several police officers, led by the school resource officer assigned to the school, identified four MHS seniors who were believed to be involved in the incidents on June 4 and six who were involved in the incident at Lamers Bus Company. It appears that three of the seniors were involved in both incidents.
They called the incidents senior pranks, police said. The district did not say whether the students will be allowed to participate in Sunday's graduation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan could be presented Monday to battle scourge that has hit Little Muskego Lake
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- A 5K Fun Run/Walk and Wellness Fair will be held by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce May 2.
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Tornado watch in effect
- Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce honors pair of businesses
- Citizen Athlete: Functional Fitness for the Athlete in You opens in Muskego
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 9