Local student honored
in national competition
Muskego — Muskego High School student Albert Anderson has been named a commended student in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program.
About 34,000 commended students throughout the nation are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise.
Although they will not continue in the 2014 competition for National Merit Scholarship awards, commended students placed among the top 5 percent of the more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2014 competition by taking the 2012 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
Tess community helps
in day of service
Muskego — Tess Corners Elementary School was among four schools in southeastern Wisconsin, along with partners David J. Frank Landscaping and InPro Corp., to take part in the Green Apple Day of Service on Sept. 28.
Students, parents, family and community members learned about the role trees play in our neighborhoods and helped plant an maple tree.
The event took place at the school, 6800 Durham Drive.
Green Apple is an international volunteer initiative for schools.
Mother, son Marines
on recent Honor Flight
Muskego — Mary Wilsens, Muskego, and her son Peter participated in the World War II Honor Flight to Washington, D.C., recently.
Mary served in World War II as a Marine. Peter was a Marine who served in Vietnam.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014
- News & Notes: April 3