Muskego woman leaving
for Peace Corps service
Muskego — Rachel Pradarelli, 22, of Muskego will leave Jan. 29 for Paraguay to begin training as a community health volunteer with the Peace Corps.
Pradarelli will help improve hygiene and sanitation, nutrition, dental and reproductive health in the country and fight HIV/AIDS and help with child and maternal health projects.
Pradarelli is the daughter of Janet and Dennis Pradarelli and a 2009 graduate of Muskego High School. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a bachelor's degree in biology in 2013.
Like many Peace Corps volunteers, Pradarelli has been making a difference in the U.S. for years and will apply her experiences to her overseas assignment. She was a volunteer coordinator and member of AmeriCorps' Project Grow program, which focused on enhancing Madison preschoolers' literacy and social skills.
She was also a youth soccer coach, day camp teaching assistant, and a research assistant at UW.
During the first three months of her service, Pradarelli will live with a host family to learn the local language and integrate into the local culture. Then she will be assigned to a community where she will serve for two years.
Pradarelli joins the 213 Wisconsin residents currently serving in the Peace Corps and 237 volunteers in Paraguay.
Wind Lake to hold
community blood drive
Wind Lake — The Wind Lake Community Blood Drive will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. Jan. 16 at St. Clare Church, Holy Family Hall, 7616 Fritz Road.
Appointments are encouraged and may be made at bcw.edu/WindLake or by calling Mary Schopp, (414) 531-6026.
- In brief: arson, memory, taxes
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014