A trio of candidates will run for both the Muskego-Norway and the New Berlin school boards in the April 1 spring election.
Although the Muskego board has three candidates for three openings, it will still be a race because the two with the highest vote totals will get three-year terms. The third candidate will serve the year remaining on the term of Mike Serdynski who resigned from the board last summer.
Two incumbents will run — Dean Strom, S8011 Scenic Drive, Muskego, and Robert Bohmann, 25800 Auburn Court, Wind Lake, who was chosen by the School Board in September to fill the vacancy from Serdynski's resignation until the April 2014 election. Also in the race will be Chris Buckmaster, S7191 Westcot Drive, Muskego.
School Board President Jim Schaefer will step down when his term expires in April.
In New Berlin, the three candidates for two three-year terms on the School Board are Amy Crosby, 3959 S. Victoria Court, and incumbents Art Marquardt, 17940 W. Beres Road, and School Board President Dave Maxey, 17240 Rogers Drive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan could be presented Monday to battle scourge that has hit Little Muskego Lake
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- A 5K Fun Run/Walk and Wellness Fair will be held by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce May 2.
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Tornado watch in effect
- Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce honors pair of businesses
- Citizen Athlete: Functional Fitness for the Athlete in You opens in Muskego
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 9