A trio of candidates will run for both the Muskego-Norway and the New Berlin school boards in the April 1 spring election.
Although the Muskego board has three candidates for three openings, it will still be a race because the two with the highest vote totals will get three-year terms. The third candidate will serve the year remaining on the term of Mike Serdynski who resigned from the board last summer.
Two incumbents will run — Dean Strom, S8011 Scenic Drive, Muskego, and Robert Bohmann, 25800 Auburn Court, Wind Lake, who was chosen by the School Board in September to fill the vacancy from Serdynski's resignation until the April 2014 election. Also in the race will be Chris Buckmaster, S7191 Westcot Drive, Muskego.
School Board President Jim Schaefer will step down when his term expires in April.
In New Berlin, the three candidates for two three-year terms on the School Board are Amy Crosby, 3959 S. Victoria Court, and incumbents Art Marquardt, 17940 W. Beres Road, and School Board President Dave Maxey, 17240 Rogers Drive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rinse station eyed for Little Muskego Lake
- Safety committee defends call times
- Taco Bell plans new store for Muskego
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- Little Muskego Lake residential project comes back to city officials
- Little Muskego Lake project back with lower density
- Taco Bell to open in Muskego