A trio of candidates will run for both the Muskego-Norway and the New Berlin school boards in the April 1 spring election.
Although the Muskego board has three candidates for three openings, it will still be a race because the two with the highest vote totals will get three-year terms. The third candidate will serve the year remaining on the term of Mike Serdynski who resigned from the board last summer.
Two incumbents will run — Dean Strom, S8011 Scenic Drive, Muskego, and Robert Bohmann, 25800 Auburn Court, Wind Lake, who was chosen by the School Board in September to fill the vacancy from Serdynski's resignation until the April 2014 election. Also in the race will be Chris Buckmaster, S7191 Westcot Drive, Muskego.
School Board President Jim Schaefer will step down when his term expires in April.
In New Berlin, the three candidates for two three-year terms on the School Board are Amy Crosby, 3959 S. Victoria Court, and incumbents Art Marquardt, 17940 W. Beres Road, and School Board President Dave Maxey, 17240 Rogers Drive.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego Girl Scout earns Gold Award by constructing outdoor classroom
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support