Muskego High School could join the list of area schools which are doing random drug tests.
Drug tests of students are already performed at Pewaukee and Arrowhead high schools, and the Muskego-Norway School Board on Monday reviewed those schools' procedures as they apply toward athletes, club members and co-curricular activity participants, and those students with school parking permits.
While random tests of those students has been found constitutional, testing throughout the student body is believed to be unable to withstand a constitutional challenge.
The board tentatively plans to discuss the issue again March 17 when more will be known about the procedures the two schools use for the testing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns arrested for domestic-related incident
- Taco Bell plans new store for Muskego
- Community Calendar September 11, 2014
- Little Muskego Lake residential project comes back to city officials
- Little Muskego Lake project back with lower density