As a commissioner on the New Berlin Board of Public Works, I was struck early on of how motivated District 2 Alderwoman Laura Karvala was as a public servant.
She has a full-time job, yet spends hour after hour and late night after late night at City Hall. She is dedicated to make New Berlin a better place through her leadership and service. She serves on multiple city boards.
While most people in the city have probably never even been to a Common Council meeting one time, she has been spending long hours at City Hall, and meeting with her constituents, and still getting up to work a full-time job and be a devoted wife and mother of two children for years. Why? Because she cares about the residents of New Berlin and wants to contribute in any way she can to help make this a better place.
Not only have her contributions as a public servant over the years been commendable, but her strong parenting has as well. She has family values and has two of the most polite and most well-behaved children I have met. She sets an amazing example for her children.
Her professional relationships with the mayor, alderman and other board members allow her to get things done. The cohesiveness of the council has improved during the past year, and her leadership and motivation has been a big part of it.
Please join me in re-electing Karvala.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego, Mukwonago, Elm Grove team up to cut 911 costs
- Muskego Girl Scout earns Gold Award by constructing outdoor classroom
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego