Muskego — Muskego High School students Michael Chitko and Peyton Tebon won the Engineering and Physics prize at the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair on March 8, with their project titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience."
The students will now present their research at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair to be held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Saturday.
The students are in the Engineering Design and Development class, a senior capstone course for the Project Lead the Way pre-engineering course series. Just to get into the design and development class, they took multiple Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) courses.
For the science competition, they applied all of this acquired knowledge to identify and solve their engineering problem. Engineering Design and Development student teams spend a full school year researching their problem and developing a testable prototype.
The students have been mentored by engineers and designers at Brooks Stevens Design, at A.O. Smith, at P&H Joy Global and at Linear Technologies.
Also participating in the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair were two other Engineering Design and Development teams from Muskego High School. The team of Phillip Tadysak and Alexander Ignasiak presented a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture" and the team of Cameron Palmer and Alex Booton had a project titled, "Clearwater S: desalinating water."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rezoning for second Little Muskego Lake beach home plan recommended
- Muskego-Norway students go back to school
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake? (1)
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway