Muskego — Muskego High School students Michael Chitko and Peyton Tebon won the Engineering and Physics prize at the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair on March 8, with their project titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience."
The students will now present their research at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair to be held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Saturday.
The students are in the Engineering Design and Development class, a senior capstone course for the Project Lead the Way pre-engineering course series. Just to get into the design and development class, they took multiple Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) courses.
For the science competition, they applied all of this acquired knowledge to identify and solve their engineering problem. Engineering Design and Development student teams spend a full school year researching their problem and developing a testable prototype.
The students have been mentored by engineers and designers at Brooks Stevens Design, at A.O. Smith, at P&H Joy Global and at Linear Technologies.
Also participating in the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair were two other Engineering Design and Development teams from Muskego High School. The team of Phillip Tadysak and Alexander Ignasiak presented a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture" and the team of Cameron Palmer and Alex Booton had a project titled, "Clearwater S: desalinating water."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- Aquatic experts gather to devise battle plan for new pest found in Little Muskego Lake
- The musical "Catch Me If You Can" will be staged at Muskego High School
- Updated: Interim appointed after New Berlin West boys basketball coach arrested for pot (1)
- Milwaukee man accused of sexually assaulting 15-year-old Muskego girl
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band heads to New Orleans
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel