Muskego — Muskego High School students Michael Chitko and Peyton Tebon won the Engineering and Physics prize at the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair on March 8, with their project titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience."
The students will now present their research at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair to be held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Saturday.
The students are in the Engineering Design and Development class, a senior capstone course for the Project Lead the Way pre-engineering course series. Just to get into the design and development class, they took multiple Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) courses.
For the science competition, they applied all of this acquired knowledge to identify and solve their engineering problem. Engineering Design and Development student teams spend a full school year researching their problem and developing a testable prototype.
The students have been mentored by engineers and designers at Brooks Stevens Design, at A.O. Smith, at P&H Joy Global and at Linear Technologies.
Also participating in the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair were two other Engineering Design and Development teams from Muskego High School. The team of Phillip Tadysak and Alexander Ignasiak presented a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture" and the team of Cameron Palmer and Alex Booton had a project titled, "Clearwater S: desalinating water."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students