Muskego — Muskego High School students Michael Chitko and Peyton Tebon won the Engineering and Physics prize at the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair on March 8, with their project titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience."
The students will now present their research at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair to be held at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Saturday.
The students are in the Engineering Design and Development class, a senior capstone course for the Project Lead the Way pre-engineering course series. Just to get into the design and development class, they took multiple Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) courses.
For the science competition, they applied all of this acquired knowledge to identify and solve their engineering problem. Engineering Design and Development student teams spend a full school year researching their problem and developing a testable prototype.
The students have been mentored by engineers and designers at Brooks Stevens Design, at A.O. Smith, at P&H Joy Global and at Linear Technologies.
Also participating in the Waukesha County Science and Engineering Fair were two other Engineering Design and Development teams from Muskego High School. The team of Phillip Tadysak and Alexander Ignasiak presented a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture" and the team of Cameron Palmer and Alex Booton had a project titled, "Clearwater S: desalinating water."
- Low bid way under estimate for Muskego's North Cape Road rec trail
- Muskego police to offer citizens academy in the fall
- Muskego committee shelves controversial planned recreation trail
- Muskego neighbors: adding parking not a solution to Kurth Park problem
- Muskego Police report: June 23, 2016
- Muskego survey shows support for splash pad, Frisbee golf, ice skating
- Kayakers enjoy idyllic evening gliding along on Big Muskego Lake
- Being natural irks Civil War buffs; Muskego contends cemetery is historically correct (1)
- Muskego Police blotter: June 16, 2016
- Presentations on Social Security, Medicare at Muskego Library