Muskego High School's engineering design and development students swept the engineering category at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair, capturing first through third places.
The competition, held Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, involved students from all over the state who, like the Muskego teams, had won their regional competitions.
The first-place winning project was titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience." The second-place project was "Clearwater S: desalinating water," and it also won three specialty awards — the CH2M Hill Award Best Environmental Engineering Project, the Water Environment Federation W.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize, and the International Sustainable World Energy Engineering and Environment Award. The team that did the project will now take it to the International Sustainable World Project Olympiad to be held in Houston, April 30 to May 5. The desalination project was the only one of the three that fit the Olympiad's environmental focus.
Taking third place was a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture."
All six students winning first through third places will be offered scholarships of $24,000 to $30,000 to attend Marion University.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man accused of assaulting local woman, apologizing after
- Muskego-Norway official sees benefits from evidence-based leadership (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Muskego police chief speaks of station's deficiencies
- Many parks improvements make it into proposed 2016 Muskego budget
- Muskego to hire city attorney in effort to consolidate legal services
- Muskego Police blotter
- Muskego Police Department needs drive plan for new station, city hall
- Huge leak in Muskego High School pool triggers call for new pool (24)
- Muskego-Norway survey gives reasons for proposed school closings (5)