Muskego High School's engineering design and development students swept the engineering category at the Badger State Science and Engineering Fair, capturing first through third places.
The competition, held Saturday at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, involved students from all over the state who, like the Muskego teams, had won their regional competitions.
The first-place winning project was titled "Predicting the Sleep Cycle to Improve the Wake-Up Experience." The second-place project was "Clearwater S: desalinating water," and it also won three specialty awards — the CH2M Hill Award Best Environmental Engineering Project, the Water Environment Federation W.S. Stockholm Junior Water Prize, and the International Sustainable World Energy Engineering and Environment Award. The team that did the project will now take it to the International Sustainable World Project Olympiad to be held in Houston, April 30 to May 5. The desalination project was the only one of the three that fit the Olympiad's environmental focus.
Taking third place was a project titled "Creating a Dynamic Seat to Improve Posture."
All six students winning first through third places will be offered scholarships of $24,000 to $30,000 to attend Marion University.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Warrior Nation Muskego-Norway alumni association to launch in February
- Muskego Common Council hammering out plans for proposed new city hall (1)
- Muskego-Norway board to discuss potential $55 million referendum
- Archbishop coming to Muskego area to install priest Dec. 6
- Muskego-Norway explores establishing alumni association
- Muskego schools may expand high school credit for middle schoolers
- Muskego schools approve 1.62 percent raises for nonteachers
- Muskego Country Christmas coming Saturday to bring holiday magic
- Young hands, old history combine for colorful mosaic of Muskego life
- Muskego's Lakepoint Church to hold grand opening in 1st permanent home