Replacing the Muskego High School weight room with a consolidated art and tech ed classroom seems to now have the inside track with the Muskego-Norway School Board.
The board seemed to favor the new idea over the previous plan which was to split weight room activities up between a study hall and a reconstructed weight room.
In August, the weight room floor was discovered to be deteriorated and to be too weak to safely hold up the weight room equipment. So, the weight machines were moved to the study hall which is on grade and the aerobic equipment such as bicycles were put into storage while a more permanent solution was sought.
Leaving the weight machines in the study hall permanently became a possibility when the School Board learned how much it would cost to make the weight room floor strong enough for them. But the floor could be made strong enough for the exercise bikes and until Monday, that split option seemed out in front of the others.
But the board liked the new classroom consolidation plan because it would be easier to supervise one weight room than having two locations and because the study hall was not ideally located being beside classrooms and farther from locker rooms. The art and tech ed rooms are both on grade.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Muskego student Clayton Cavanaugh is asking school board to begin high school classes at 9 a.m.
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges