A 35-year-old Muskego man stands accused of pointing a shotgun at his wife and threatening to kill her during an argument.
Shaun Rosewitz, S78 W19332 Youngwood Court, was charged on Monday, June 16, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with intimidation of a victim, use of a dangerous weapon and possession of a firearm while intoxicated.
If convicted, Rosewitz faces up to almost 11 years in prison and $36,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint:
Muskego police responded to a report of domestic abuse early on Sunday, June 15. They met with the victim, Rosewitz's wife, who claimed Rosewitz had threatened to kill her after a dispute and then fled their home on foot.
Rosewitz allegedly began arguing with his wife because she wanted to go to bed instead of staying up to "have fun with him or have sex with him" after an extended period of alcohol consumption.
He reportedly followed his wife up to their room and continued to shout at her, eventually retrieving two firearms, a pump-action shotgun and a handgun, from their cases and using them to frighten her.
Rosewitz's wife said that he simulated loading the shotgun then pointed it at her chest and told her he would kill her.
"I will shoot you and myself in the throat if you call the police," Rosewitz is accused of saying.
Rosewitz returned to his home and police questioned him about the incident. He reportedly admitted to excessive drinking and threatening his wife, but claimed the shotgun was not loaded during the argument.
According to court records, Rosewitz was released on Tuesday, June 17, a $5,000 signature bond on conditions that he have no violent contact with his wife or any family member, maintain absolute sobriety and relinquish all weapons in his possession.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Monday, June 30.
- Ongoing negotiations delay vote on Parkland Mall redevelopment plan in Muskego
- Muskego Chamber of Commerce announces Jammin' on Janesville dates
- Muskego Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Bend city administrator free after being charged with enticing Muskego girl
- Muskego aldermen advised not to attend Parkland Mall info meeting
- Chemicals, lake drawdown could be part of stonewort plan in Muskego
- Public hearing April 26 on rezoning for Parkland Mall proposal in Muskego
- Muskego City Hall, police department plans win plan commission favor (1)
- Special taxing status recommended for plan at former Parkland Mall (7)
- Muskego Police blotter: April 1-8