New vision to be
more than just Ike
New Berlin school officials are working on a new vision for Eisenhower Middle/High School, Roger Dickson, chief finance and operations officer, said during School Board consideration of Eisenhower facilities projects.
But in the wider context that same search for a new vision is going on for New Berlin West Middle/High School as well, Melinda Mueller, director of communications, said last week.
"It's about how we deliver instructional programs" at both middle/high schools, she said.
An example of a different approach is the new certified nursing assistant program starting this fall where the Waukesha County Technical College will provide an instructor and LindenGrove-New Berlin, a skilled nursing facility, will sponsor an on-site CNA lab, for students to complete their clinical, she said. Some districts create a health care academy, she said.
The district also might provide specialties at each school where students would be at the host school for that specialty for all or part of the day, she said.
These kinds of possibilities impact facilities planning for schools because a full specialty labs might not be needed at both schools, Mueller said.
for two schools
Two elementary schools in the New Berlin School District should not be consolidated, a recent exploration of the option shows, Roger Dickson, chief finance and operations officer, announced recently.
The district administration had looked into whether Poplar Creek and Orchard Lane elementary schools should be consolidated, he said.
They are the oldest schools in the district.
But the numbers did not work, Dickson said.
- In brief: Robery, farmers market, assembly seat
- In brief: Muskego Beach Club, sock drive
- In brief: Spelling ace and geo bee
- In brief: Forums, scam, fatal crash, state title
- In brief: vandalism, electronics recycling
- In brief: church dedication, plant survey, trick or teat
- New Berlin West plans five years' worth of reunions
- In brief: Police memorial, school benefits, Muskego girl
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- News and Notes: Nov.13
- New Berlin and Muskego News and Notes: Nov. 6