Want to post a story?
Here are the rules...
Our lawyers told us we had to publish some definitive rules and guidelines for people who post stories on our site, so here they are. But the bottom line is pretty simple: don't libel anyone, don't post obscene material, don't use the "Your Stories" function for commercial purposes, and, if you do post a story, we have the right to use it elsewhere.
We welcome your participation when it comes to posting your own stories. In fact, this site is all about letting our users put their own stories and photos online. We ask simply that you follow these rules. These rules are only a minimum; in addition to complying with them, we ask that you also exercise common sense and generally be considerate toward your fellow users.
By posting a story on this site, you are consenting to these rules:
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you post and agree not to post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party. Likewise, you may not post content that is, as determined by us at our sole discretion, false and defamatory (libelous), obscene, abusive, or that violates a third party's right to privacy or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify Journal Sentinel Inc., its employees, officers, directors, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
- You understand and agree that neither the Journal Sentinel Inc. nor the folks who run the NOW sites are responsible for any stories posted by third parties. You further understand that not all content posted on the site is monitored by the NOW staff. Nevertheless, we may monitor postings and we reserve the right to remove or otherwise alter content that we deem inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove a user's privilege to post content.
- You understand and agree that the discussion areas of the Web site are to be used only for non-commercial purposes. You may not use the "Your Stories" feature or other discussion areas to solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity.
- You acknowledge and agree that you use and/or rely on any information obtained through the user-content forums at your own risk. Journal Sentinel Inc. is not in any manner endorsing the content of the user posts and cannot and will not vouch for their reliability.
- For any content that you post, you hereby grant us the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, exclusive and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part, world-wide and to incorporate it in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.