Metal Technologies Inc. is closing its ductile iron foundry at 1706 S. 68th St., West Allis, eliminating as many as 215 jobs.
The company, based in Auburn, Ind., notified state and local officials it will close the plant by mid-August. Neither the company nor the United Steelworkers, which represents foundry employees, could be reached for comment.
Last year, Metal Technologies closed another foundry in West Allis, at 1501 S. 83rd St., that had employed 83 people. The company bought both foundries from Briggs & Stratton Corp. in the late 1990s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Citing sleep research, Muskego student pushes for later school start time
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges