Metal Technologies Inc. is closing its ductile iron foundry at 1706 S. 68th St., West Allis, eliminating as many as 215 jobs.
The company, based in Auburn, Ind., notified state and local officials it will close the plant by mid-August. Neither the company nor the United Steelworkers, which represents foundry employees, could be reached for comment.
Last year, Metal Technologies closed another foundry in West Allis, at 1501 S. 83rd St., that had employed 83 people. The company bought both foundries from Briggs & Stratton Corp. in the late 1990s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Senior taxi ridership drops as elderly users pass away; program in search of new passengers
- New Berlin and Muskego police reports: August 14, 2014 issue
- Charity event to feature fashion in Muskego
- Musekgo High School employs sex offender security system
- Upcoming annual Muskego Community Festival will be a highflying event.
- Muskego Plan Commission shuns changes for lake homes, senior condos
- Retired Muskego High School principal will serve as interim replacement for Ryan Oertel
- Muskego-Norway School District chooses former principal for interim job
- Little Muskego Lake installs lighted buoys
- Muskego High School principal resigns