Metal Technologies Inc. is closing its ductile iron foundry at 1706 S. 68th St., West Allis, eliminating as many as 215 jobs.
The company, based in Auburn, Ind., notified state and local officials it will close the plant by mid-August. Neither the company nor the United Steelworkers, which represents foundry employees, could be reached for comment.
Last year, Metal Technologies closed another foundry in West Allis, at 1501 S. 83rd St., that had employed 83 people. The company bought both foundries from Briggs & Stratton Corp. in the late 1990s.
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (1)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- Muskego High School to be mattress store for a day (2)
- Parkland Mall redevelopment almost dies at Muskego Council meeting
- Muskego man believed to have set fire to estranged wife's home still at-large (5)
- Muskego Police blotter: May 12, 2016