Metal Technologies Inc. is closing its ductile iron foundry at 1706 S. 68th St., West Allis, eliminating as many as 215 jobs.
The company, based in Auburn, Ind., notified state and local officials it will close the plant by mid-August. Neither the company nor the United Steelworkers, which represents foundry employees, could be reached for comment.
Last year, Metal Technologies closed another foundry in West Allis, at 1501 S. 83rd St., that had employed 83 people. The company bought both foundries from Briggs & Stratton Corp. in the late 1990s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake? (1)
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again