Metal Technologies Inc. is closing its ductile iron foundry at 1706 S. 68th St., West Allis, eliminating as many as 215 jobs.
The company, based in Auburn, Ind., notified state and local officials it will close the plant by mid-August. Neither the company nor the United Steelworkers, which represents foundry employees, could be reached for comment.
Last year, Metal Technologies closed another foundry in West Allis, at 1501 S. 83rd St., that had employed 83 people. The company bought both foundries from Briggs & Stratton Corp. in the late 1990s.
- Muskego Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Low bid way under estimate for Muskego's North Cape Road rec trail
- Muskego police to offer citizens academy in the fall
- Muskego shelves one recreation trail, gets bargain on another
- Muskego neighbors: adding parking not a solution to Kurth Park problem
- Muskego Police report: June 23, 2016
- Muskego survey shows support for splash pad, Frisbee golf, ice skating
- Kayakers enjoy idyllic evening gliding along on Big Muskego Lake
- Being natural irks Civil War buffs; Muskego contends cemetery is historically correct (1)
- Muskego Police blotter: June 16, 2016