Bushy's Pub and Grill, W14831 Janesville Road, has agreed to give up its liquor license for two weeks starting Monday following a Jan. 17 incident in which a patron was hurt. The city of Muskego had issued a complaint against the pub and grill, under the state's prohibition against running a disorderly or improper house.
Two bouncers face a hearing in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Oct. 16 on felony battery charges in connection with that incident. The patron, a 42-year-old Waukesha man, suffered a broken rib, a mild concussion and minor injuries, according to the city's complaint against the business.
The Waukesha County District Attorney's Office also charged Bushy's co-owner Lynn Kurer with misdemeanor obstructing. That charge was dismissed.
The Muskego Common Council on Tuesday accepted what amounts to a plea bargain in which Bushy's offered to give up its liquor license for two weeks.
The January incident was not the only one cited in the Muskego Police Department's complaint against the bar and grill.
It also notes a March 9, 2008, incident in which patrons got into a fight. The DA's office charged both patrons with criminal battery, according to the complaint.
In addition, several people fought in the Bushy's parking lot on May 17, 2008, according to the complaint. One was cited for underage drinking.
Between 2007 and April 29, 2009, police received 18 reports of assaults, fights and unruly patrons at the establishment, the complaint says.
Attorneys for Bushy's and the Police Department have negotiated for months to agree on the two-week suspension of bar activities. In addition to that, Bushy's owners agreed to provide employee training and install cameras that will keep a video record of events there.
The restaurant portion of the business could have remained open, but owners decided to close entirely.
Bushy's will reopen at 5 p.m. Oct. 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Warrior Nation Muskego-Norway alumni association to launch in February
- Muskego Common Council hammering out plans for proposed new city hall (1)
- Muskego-Norway board to discuss potential $55 million referendum
- Archbishop coming to Muskego area to install priest Dec. 6
- Muskego-Norway explores establishing alumni association
- Muskego schools may expand high school credit for middle schoolers
- Muskego schools approve 1.62 percent raises for nonteachers
- Muskego Country Christmas coming Saturday to bring holiday magic
- Young hands, old history combine for colorful mosaic of Muskego life
- Muskego's Lakepoint Church to hold grand opening in 1st permanent home