Elmbrook Memorial Hospital celebrated its 40th anniversary recently with a dinner and auction at the Brookfield Sheraton Hotel. See photos from this event.
In l908, the Misericordia Sisters established a small maternity hospital and home for unwed mothers in Milwaukee. Years later, they purchased the Brookfield home and the property surrounding it from the widow of R.J. Kieckhefer. On Sept. 8, l969, Elmbrook Memorial Hospital opened its doors. In l984, it was transferred to Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare.
Chairing the gala were Pat and Carl Schultz of Brookfield. Together with their committee, they planned an evening called "Fly Me to the Moon," which had a Las Vegas theme. Featured entertainers were Sharon Owens and Sebastian Anzaldo,who impersonate Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra at the Riviera Casino in Las Vegas. A live auction - presided over by Robert Pavlic, a local doctor and supporter of Elmbrook Memorial Hospital - brought bids to benefit the hospital.
Attendees included Dawn Conlin of Pewaukee; Patti and Bart Bohne, Gigi and Cory Rutkowski,and Judy Vergata, all of Brookfield; Rosemarie and Paul Gagnon of Menomonee Falls; Shelli Marquardt of Hartland; Deb and Dave Standridge of New Berlin; and Anne and Mark Hanson, Esther McKee, Dawn Murphy, Sue and Kevin Roche and Heidi and Bob Manak,all of Waukesha.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Contact her at (262) 542-6797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek helped extinguish flames of a car fire
- Older section of Horn Park building may be spared to for summer programs
- New Berlin accepts offers for two former school properties
- Cost of razing part of Muskego park building puts brakes on idea
- Waukesha Town Chairman John Marek battles car fire in Muskego
- New Berlin, Muskego students record noticeable gains in WKCE test scores
- Old weight room floor slated for fix
- New Berlin and Muskego schools viewed as among most challenging in nation: Rated as the most challenging
- Wine and beer will flow at a fund raiser for the Muskego Library