The popular Bay Lane Middle School fifth-grade field trip to historic and educational sites in Virginia is still planned, but teachers must be found to actually do it.
Fifth-grade teacher Jerry Hulbert, who started the trips in 1992, will retire this month. He has offered to help any teacher who comes forward to do the trip next year, he said at Monday's Muskego-Norway School Board meeting. The board and administrators expressed support for the trip, which is self-supporting.
School Board member Dean Strom said the trip makes such an impact that nine times out of 10 when he speaks with a Bay Lane parent, "It is the first thing that comes out of their mouth."
He also commended Hulbert, saying: "You certainly go above and beyond the call of duty and I thank you for all you've done."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 10
- Corrections: March 13
- General election voters guide for Muskego mayor
- Forum profiles Muskego aldermanic candidates
- Muskego mayoral candidates voice their positions
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 3rd Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 1st Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 5th Aldermanic District
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars