Muskego — Election day next Tuesday will bring a race for Muskego mayor and for all three aldermanic seats up for election as well as an unusual race for the Muskego-Norway School Board.
Muskego Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti will vie against challenger Scott Dickmann in a rematch from three years ago.
In Aldermanic District 1, incumbent Robert Wolfe faces Randall Hojnacki; in District 3, incumbent Neil Borgman faces Tom Reck; and in District 5 where incumbent Dan Soltysiak is stepping down, James Gage and John Engelhardt are running.
In the School Board race, all three candidates will be elected to the board. The two with the highest vote totals will receive full three-year terms and the third-place contender will finish the one year on the unexpired term of Mike Serdynski who resigned last summer.
The three School Board candidates are the two incumbents Dean Strom and Robert Bohmann plus Chris Buckmaster.
Also, some Muskego voters will help decide the outcome of a hotly contested race for 24th District Waukesha County supervisor between Larry Bangs and Steven Whittow. Incumbent Daniel Draeger was eliminated in the Feb. 18 primary election.
The 24th District includes Muskego aldermanic districts 3 through 6.
Some unopposed county supervisor and judicial races also will be on Tuesday's ballots in Muskego.
The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Aldermanic District 1: St. Paul's Lutheran Church and School, W14325 Janesville Road; District 2: Muskego Library, W16663 Janesville Road; District 3: Atonement Lutheran Church, W16244 Martin Drive; District 4: Muskego City Hall, S8200 Racine Ave.; District 5: Fox River Christian Church, W19491 Tans Drive; District 6: Tess Corners Fire Station 4, S10030 Racine Ave.; and District 7: Tess Corners Fire Station 2, W13444 Loomis Drive
All town of Norway voters cast their ballots at the Town Hall, 6419 Heg Park Road.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Jammin' on Janesville set for Aug.7
- Muskego Common Council reopens one boat launch, keeps two more open
- Muskego explores a request for finance help to redevelop the former Parkland Mall
- Condos, stores may come to former Parkland Mall site in Muskego
- Muskego may expand drug testing to students with parking permits (1)
- Parking permit-holders might be drug tested at Muskego High School (1)
- Big Muskego Lake officials may request grant for stonewort fight
- Officials focus on stopping spread of starry stonewort rather than removing it
- Little Muskego Lake fighting starry stonewort on many fronts
- Residents say dam on creek in Muskego is 'jewel' and to leave it alone (2)