A chef at Williams Supper Club in Muskego is credited with thwarting a robbery at the restaurant about 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23.
The robber, who was wearing a black snowmobile helmet, entered the building at W17745 Janesville Road, through the kitchen and grabbed a 14-year-old Muskego girl who worked there busing tables. He led the girl through the kitchen and announced, "Give me the money, I have a gun."
When the chef asked him who he was, the robber replied, "Do you want to die? I have a gun."
The chef, a 42-year-old West Allis man, then broke a spoon over the robber's helmet, punched him, put him in a headlock and wrestled him to the floor. Police were called, and the robber was shot twice with a Taser device. No one else was injured in the robbery attempt.
The robber, a 39-year-old Muskego man, told police he had been unemployed for four or five months and was having financial difficulties. He came up with the idea to commit a robbery while ice fishing that afternoon.
The man faces felony armed robbery charges. Police did not find a gun on him. They found a marijuana pipe, and the man also faces a state possession of drug paraphernalia charge as well as a probation violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Random drug testing for certain students will start this fall at Muskego High School
- Officials examine report that says some municipal ambulance response times dragged on for 14 to 23 m
- Muskego holds public hearing on residential development proposed for Little Muskego Lake
- New Muskego storage facility, coffee shop to open on Janesville Road
- Muskego High School takes steps to save murals during renovation for new weight room
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Muskego Water Bugs ski show to highlight Independence Day salute
- Muskego High School may test athletes and club members for drugs, but not performance enhancers
- Muskego man accused of using a shotgun to scare wife during argument
- Janesville Road project ready to wrap up