A chef at Williams Supper Club in Muskego is credited with thwarting a robbery at the restaurant about 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23.
The robber, who was wearing a black snowmobile helmet, entered the building at W17745 Janesville Road, through the kitchen and grabbed a 14-year-old Muskego girl who worked there busing tables. He led the girl through the kitchen and announced, "Give me the money, I have a gun."
When the chef asked him who he was, the robber replied, "Do you want to die? I have a gun."
The chef, a 42-year-old West Allis man, then broke a spoon over the robber's helmet, punched him, put him in a headlock and wrestled him to the floor. Police were called, and the robber was shot twice with a Taser device. No one else was injured in the robbery attempt.
The robber, a 39-year-old Muskego man, told police he had been unemployed for four or five months and was having financial difficulties. He came up with the idea to commit a robbery while ice fishing that afternoon.
The man faces felony armed robbery charges. Police did not find a gun on him. They found a marijuana pipe, and the man also faces a state possession of drug paraphernalia charge as well as a probation violation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Impressive light show hidden in Muskego
- Bakery cooks up new store in Muskego
- Reservations for Waukesha County Parks start Jan. 2
- Wine bar's success ferments its expansion
- Part of the cost of a proposed bike path on North Cape Road could be borne by the developer of the A
- Shopping center to dress up
- Former mayor pens history of Muskego
- Teens facing marijuana charges
- Muskego is closer to limiting family and individual fireworks and requiring pyrotechnic professional
- Man charged with choking mom