Two rings and a lock box were taken from an apartment at Muskego Regency, S8540 Lodge Blvd., prior to Jan. 17. The rings were last seen when the owner put them in the box at Christmas. They were discovered missing when the owner went to retrieve them for her birthday party. The missing rings are valued at a total of $5,300.
A 45-year-old Greendale man faces charges of possession of marijuana after he was stopped by police for having expired plates on his car at Moorland Road and Princeton Drive about 5:45 p.m. Jan. 20. The officer noticed the vehicle smelled like burned marijuana and found less than 1 gram of marijuana in the vehicle. The man had a previous marijuana possession conviction. He also was cited for driving after suspension of his license.
An all-terrain vehicle driver was injured as he drove the vehicle under the Gold Drive bridge at Little Muskego Lake about 4:20 p.m. Jan. 17. The 27-year-old Muskego man was driving about 10 mph and ducked to get under the bridge, but struck his head. The Tess Corners ambulance took him to the hospital.
Two Muskego High School students were injured in a fight in a lavatory at the school, S8750 Racine Ave., Jan. 7. The older student, an 18-year-old Muskego man, faces charges of substantial battery. The other student, a 17-year-old Big Bend boy, also was cited for battery. The two went into the lavatory to fight after an incident where the younger boy stepped on the older student's hacky sack. The two fought and both suffered cuts to the backs of their heads. The younger boy was taken to the hospital in the Tess Corners ambulance after it was determined his injuries were more serious. Witnesses told police both students shook hands after the fight ended.
A car fire was extinguished by Tess Corners firefighters on Racine Avenue at Parker Drive about 4:20 p.m. Jan. 22. The owner of the 1998 Pontiac Bonneville told police he smelled a smoke odor coming from the defroster and, when he pulled over, the car started on fire. When firefighters arrived, the car was engulfed in flames. There was no estimate of damage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Random drug testing for certain students will start this fall at Muskego High School
- Officials examine report that says some municipal ambulance response times dragged on for 14 to 23 m
- Muskego holds public hearing on residential development proposed for Little Muskego Lake
- New Muskego storage facility, coffee shop to open on Janesville Road
- Muskego High School takes steps to save murals during renovation for new weight room
- Country Meadows Elementary School Principal Gary Goelz promoted to assistant superintendent of the M
- Muskego Water Bugs ski show to highlight Independence Day salute
- Muskego High School may test athletes and club members for drugs, but not performance enhancers
- Muskego man accused of using a shotgun to scare wife during argument
- Janesville Road project ready to wrap up