Rob Glazier, who serves as chairman of Muskego's Community Development Authority, is the new alderman for District 4.
The Muskego Common Council chose Glazier on Tuesday from a field of four candidates to replace Keith Werner, who resigned in May.
The other appointee candidates included former alderwoman Nancy Salentine, who served on the council for 12 years until 2007, and Reno Berg and Blaise Di Pronio.
Glazier will fill the term that expires April 2013, when a general election will be held.
He has been on the CDA since its inception in 2002. He will remain a member of CDA as an aldermanic member, taking Werner's place. Whether he will continue to serve as chairman will be up to the CDA, which normally selects a nonelected official to lead it.
Glazier also served as chairman of the Muskego-Norway School District Facilities Task Force, which studied the needs of the schools. In his profession, he manages a team within the corporate development division at Walgreens that develops ways to encourage growth of its heathcare business units.
In his letter to the board accompanying his résumé, Glazier said the skills he has developed in his occupation would help him on the council.
"I am familiar with large complex issues and have experience in approaching problems with preparation, an open mind and a goal of thoughtful, fair outcomes," he wrote.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 2
- A "Shop Second Saturdays" drive is being started by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015