Rob Glazier, who serves as chairman of Muskego's Community Development Authority, is the new alderman for District 4.
The Muskego Common Council chose Glazier on Tuesday from a field of four candidates to replace Keith Werner, who resigned in May.
The other appointee candidates included former alderwoman Nancy Salentine, who served on the council for 12 years until 2007, and Reno Berg and Blaise Di Pronio.
Glazier will fill the term that expires April 2013, when a general election will be held.
He has been on the CDA since its inception in 2002. He will remain a member of CDA as an aldermanic member, taking Werner's place. Whether he will continue to serve as chairman will be up to the CDA, which normally selects a nonelected official to lead it.
Glazier also served as chairman of the Muskego-Norway School District Facilities Task Force, which studied the needs of the schools. In his profession, he manages a team within the corporate development division at Walgreens that develops ways to encourage growth of its heathcare business units.
In his letter to the board accompanying his résumé, Glazier said the skills he has developed in his occupation would help him on the council.
"I am familiar with large complex issues and have experience in approaching problems with preparation, an open mind and a goal of thoughtful, fair outcomes," he wrote.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Citing sleep research, Muskego student pushes for later school start time
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges