The Eisenhower High School football field will officially be named after the school's first football coach Frank Granger, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
Granger guided his teams through 15 winning seasons and to nine WIAA playoff appearances and two Division 2 runner-up finishes. Under his tutelage, Eisenhower won five consecutive conference titles from 1985 to 1989. He was inducted into the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2003.
His overall football record at Eisenhower was 84 wins and 33 losses. He served from 1969 to 1990.
Granger became the varsity football coach when his players were all freshmen and sophomores. Each year another grade was added as they competed at the varsity level during the building period. Eisenhower won its first conference championship in 1973.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Muskego's 50th anniversary celebration lives on
- Muskego wraps up 50th anniversary celebration
- 'Hot' new Suburban Bourbon hits Muskego
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Muskego alum shows cooking skills to 400
- Muskego to allow chickens on residential lots
- Controversial lake home/condo project back to Muskego Plan Commission
- Lake homes/condos fail to win Muskego Plan Commission recommendation