The Eisenhower High School football field will officially be named after the school's first football coach Frank Granger, the New Berlin School Board decided Monday.
Granger guided his teams through 15 winning seasons and to nine WIAA playoff appearances and two Division 2 runner-up finishes. Under his tutelage, Eisenhower won five consecutive conference titles from 1985 to 1989. He was inducted into the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2003.
His overall football record at Eisenhower was 84 wins and 33 losses. He served from 1969 to 1990.
Granger became the varsity football coach when his players were all freshmen and sophomores. Each year another grade was added as they competed at the varsity level during the building period. Eisenhower won its first conference championship in 1973.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 10
- Corrections: March 13
- General election voters guide for Muskego mayor
- Forum profiles Muskego aldermanic candidates
- Muskego mayoral candidates voice their positions
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 3rd Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 1st Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 5th Aldermanic District
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars