A self-storage operation and a coffee shop will be built on the former Salentine Buick property, S66 W14444 Janesville Road.
The project received the approval of the Muskego Plan Commission last week and allowed Alex Simic, owner of Storage Master, to obtain a building permit from the city.
He said he has an accepted offer on the property that has been vacant since the iconic dealership closed in February 2013.
The dealership building will get a face-lift and white fencing and arbor vitae will be added to screen the operation from neighbors and motorists. Simic said he wants the self-storage units open by Thanksgiving. The outdoor boat storage should be open in October.
Simic plans to create a coffee shop that he said will have the look and feel of an upscale Starbucks. He wants it to become a community gathering place. Besides coffee, hot chocolate, bakery and what he calls light-bites, he will offer board games such as chess and Risk, he said.
Dubbed Muskego Urban Gathering Place, MUG Place also will have three meeting rooms that can be rented to groups and for special occasions such as birthday parties.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake?
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again