A self-storage operation and a coffee shop will be built on the former Salentine Buick property, S66 W14444 Janesville Road.
The project received the approval of the Muskego Plan Commission last week and allowed Alex Simic, owner of Storage Master, to obtain a building permit from the city.
He said he has an accepted offer on the property that has been vacant since the iconic dealership closed in February 2013.
The dealership building will get a face-lift and white fencing and arbor vitae will be added to screen the operation from neighbors and motorists. Simic said he wants the self-storage units open by Thanksgiving. The outdoor boat storage should be open in October.
Simic plans to create a coffee shop that he said will have the look and feel of an upscale Starbucks. He wants it to become a community gathering place. Besides coffee, hot chocolate, bakery and what he calls light-bites, he will offer board games such as chess and Risk, he said.
Dubbed Muskego Urban Gathering Place, MUG Place also will have three meeting rooms that can be rented to groups and for special occasions such as birthday parties.
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (1)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- Muskego High School to be mattress store for a day (2)
- Parkland Mall redevelopment almost dies at Muskego Council meeting
- Muskego man believed to have set fire to estranged wife's home still at-large (5)
- Muskego Police blotter: May 12, 2016