The New Berlin School Board on Monday accepted the resignation of board member Keith Hastings and presented him with an award for his service.
Hastings resigned before finishing his first term, saying increased work demands don't allow him enough time to devote to School Board duties.
The board did not formally decide whether to appoint a replacement to serve the nearly one year remaining on Hastings' term or leave the seat vacant, but is expected to want to fill the vacancy. The board will likely take a formal vote June 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band to be in Mardi Gras parade
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Fire causes $300,000 in damage to Muskego boutique
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools