The New Berlin School Board on Monday accepted the resignation of board member Keith Hastings and presented him with an award for his service.
Hastings resigned before finishing his first term, saying increased work demands don't allow him enough time to devote to School Board duties.
The board did not formally decide whether to appoint a replacement to serve the nearly one year remaining on Hastings' term or leave the seat vacant, but is expected to want to fill the vacancy. The board will likely take a formal vote June 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown to begin working on parks department survey results
- Muskego funeral home, gas station seeking city grants
- Business owners, Muskego officials to hash out problems over breakfast
- Boon to Muskego downtown planning expected to come soon
- Nearly $100,000 in grants recommended for Muskego businesses
- Memorial Day to be honored in Muskego, New Berlin
- Muskego man charged for shooting threat (1)
- In Brief: Church, football and Moorland Road
- Winter's not through with us yet
- Muskego teenager charged with shooting needle into boy