The New Berlin School Board on Monday accepted the resignation of board member Keith Hastings and presented him with an award for his service.
Hastings resigned before finishing his first term, saying increased work demands don't allow him enough time to devote to School Board duties.
The board did not formally decide whether to appoint a replacement to serve the nearly one year remaining on Hastings' term or leave the seat vacant, but is expected to want to fill the vacancy. The board will likely take a formal vote June 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway District one of only three Wisconsin districts to lower levy for five years (2)
- Lots of people attend Moorland Road in Muskego project meeting, few criticisms (2)
- Two more charged in connection with Muskego Petro Mart armed robbery
- Muskego police arrest house burglary suspects; cremated remains of son were not recovered
- Muskego-Norway School Board approves holding a $43.2 million referendum on April 5
- Aldermen favor going ahead with new Muskego City Hall, police station
- Muskego police searching for explorer recruits
- Evers nominates Muskego Elementary School for Blue Ribbon award
- Muskego man, 27, faces armed robbery charge connected to gas station hold up
- Plans for new Muskego city hall, police station appear to win favor