The New Berlin School Board on Monday accepted the resignation of board member Keith Hastings and presented him with an award for his service.
Hastings resigned before finishing his first term, saying increased work demands don't allow him enough time to devote to School Board duties.
The board did not formally decide whether to appoint a replacement to serve the nearly one year remaining on Hastings' term or leave the seat vacant, but is expected to want to fill the vacancy. The board will likely take a formal vote June 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Park Arthur's namesake connected with his land in Muskego and New Berlin
- An old Muskego and New Berlin farm becomes a place to horse around
- Muskego-Norway School Board split on system that would ditch letter grades
- News and Notes
- Coupon clippers give Muskego school a sweet taste
- Carp shoot May 25 on Little Muskego Lake, two carp worth $500 each
- Newsweek names New Berlin schools to 'America's Best High Schools' list
- Stumbling block cleared for proposed New Berlin Walmart
- News and notes
- Things to do