New Berlin School Board member Keith Hastings has resigned from the board, saying he doesn't want his work responsibilities to interfere with his ability to be an effective School Board member.
"I must be cognizant of my personal obligations to my full-time occupation," he wrote in his resignation letter. "It is of great importance to me that those obligations do not detract from any of the official duties and responsibilities of my board position, thus I have reluctantly reached this very difficult decision."
Hastings was elected in 2010 to a term expiring in April, 2013. His resignation is effective immediately.
The board is expected to accept his resignation Monday and decide how to move forward. Because it is likely that the board will decide to appoint someone to serve the nearly one year remaining of Hastings' term, School Board President David Maxey is inviting anyone interested in serving to submit a resume with a letter explaining why they want to be on the School Board to the New Berlin Public Schools office, 4333 S. Sunnyslope Road, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Plans revived for a subdivision near a Muskego wildlife area
- Community calendar
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Biscuit the Paw Washing Dog gives lessons on clean hands
- Owners of former Parkland Mall lose appeal of lawsuit against Muskego
- Opinion divided on Muskego letting people have chickens, other fowl
- Speakers say high-density slipping through on Little Muskego Lake