The Muskego School Board will be looking for an interim Muskego High School principal with the resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years.
Oertel sent a letter Monday to parents saying he was leaving. This fall he will be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District.
The School Board will discuss on Monday, Aug. 4, how to proceed in a search for an interim principal.
With the school year on the verge of starting, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, said School Board President Rick Petfalski.
"People who were interested in being a principal started looking last spring and have accepted positions," by now, he said.
Hiring an interim principal would mean the School Board could take its time to find the right person, he said. As it stands now, the interim is expected to serve a year at the most, Petfalski said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch