The Muskego School Board will be looking for an interim Muskego High School principal with the resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years.
Oertel sent a letter Monday to parents saying he was leaving. This fall he will be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District.
The School Board will discuss on Monday, Aug. 4, how to proceed in a search for an interim principal.
With the school year on the verge of starting, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, said School Board President Rick Petfalski.
"People who were interested in being a principal started looking last spring and have accepted positions," by now, he said.
Hiring an interim principal would mean the School Board could take its time to find the right person, he said. As it stands now, the interim is expected to serve a year at the most, Petfalski said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Nov. 4 poll visits a right of fall
- Muskego's 50th anniversary celebration lives on
- Muskego wraps up 50th anniversary celebration
- 'Hot' new Suburban Bourbon hits Muskego
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Muskego alum shows cooking skills to 400
- Muskego to allow chickens on residential lots
- Controversial lake home/condo project back to Muskego Plan Commission
- Lake homes/condos fail to win Muskego Plan Commission recommendation