The Muskego School Board will be looking for an interim Muskego High School principal with the resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years.
Oertel sent a letter Monday to parents saying he was leaving. This fall he will be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District.
The School Board will discuss on Monday, Aug. 4, how to proceed in a search for an interim principal.
With the school year on the verge of starting, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, said School Board President Rick Petfalski.
"People who were interested in being a principal started looking last spring and have accepted positions," by now, he said.
Hiring an interim principal would mean the School Board could take its time to find the right person, he said. As it stands now, the interim is expected to serve a year at the most, Petfalski said.
- Parkland Mall redevelopment ready to go ahead after getting sixth vote
- Muskego Plan Commission recommends controversial Parkland apartments
- Former West Bend administrator waives right to hearing in Muskego case
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (2)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- Muskego High School to be mattress store for a day (2)