The Muskego School Board will be looking for an interim Muskego High School principal with the resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years.
Oertel sent a letter Monday to parents saying he was leaving. This fall he will be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District.
The School Board will discuss on Monday, Aug. 4, how to proceed in a search for an interim principal.
With the school year on the verge of starting, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, said School Board President Rick Petfalski.
"People who were interested in being a principal started looking last spring and have accepted positions," by now, he said.
Hiring an interim principal would mean the School Board could take its time to find the right person, he said. As it stands now, the interim is expected to serve a year at the most, Petfalski said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake?
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway
- Muskego High School students with parking permits are eligible for random drug testing (1)
- One of last Muskego Bass Bay cottages goes down, but will rise again