Muskego - Muskego has hired an outside law firm to provide legal advice to the city concerning any issue tied to the recall efforts against Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti and aldermen Keith Werner and Neome Schaumberg.
Last week, the Common Council selected Maistelman & Associates, which assisted Muskego several years ago when then-Mayor Charles Damaske was involved in a recall election in 2006.
The reason for outside help is that the law firm that normally provides city attorney services - Arenz, Molter, Macy, Riffle & Larson - to Muskego notified officials that it would appear to be a conflict of interest if the firm provided assistance to the city clerk on recall issues.
Maistelman & Associates will charge the same as the city's regular legal firm. City officials expect only minimal expenses.
The law firm and city officials made it clear that the firm would give no legal advice to the three officials targeted by the recall efforts.
To avoid any appearance of impropriety, Werner and Schaumberg abstained from voting to hire the outside law firm.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
- Muskego gets a $500,000 state grant for Parkland Mall redevelopment (1)
- Time lapse: A tour of Big Muskego Lake shows hope, beauty reign in giant wetland
- Muskego Police blotter: July 21
- Inclusive playground, dumping prairie part of Muskego parks review
- Muskego child enticement hearing for former West Bend official delayed
- Questions must be answered before Muskego Youth Football can use park
- Muskego soccer parents, Kurth Park neighbors might be on same side
- Dog park idea takes step backward in Muskego
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- Pickleball tickles Muskego seniors who flock to new courts