Muskego - Muskego has hired an outside law firm to provide legal advice to the city concerning any issue tied to the recall efforts against Mayor Kathy Chiaverotti and aldermen Keith Werner and Neome Schaumberg.
Last week, the Common Council selected Maistelman & Associates, which assisted Muskego several years ago when then-Mayor Charles Damaske was involved in a recall election in 2006.
The reason for outside help is that the law firm that normally provides city attorney services - Arenz, Molter, Macy, Riffle & Larson - to Muskego notified officials that it would appear to be a conflict of interest if the firm provided assistance to the city clerk on recall issues.
Maistelman & Associates will charge the same as the city's regular legal firm. City officials expect only minimal expenses.
The law firm and city officials made it clear that the firm would give no legal advice to the three officials targeted by the recall efforts.
To avoid any appearance of impropriety, Werner and Schaumberg abstained from voting to hire the outside law firm.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
- Energy savings almost pay for new gym floor at Muskego High School (1)
- Parkland Mall redevelopment ready to go ahead after getting sixth vote (1)
- Muskego Plan Commission recommends controversial Parkland apartments
- Former West Bend administrator waives right to hearing in Muskego case
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (3)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016