The Muskego-Norway School Board appointed former Muskego High School principal Dennis Bussen as the interim High School principal on Monday.
The action came after the recent resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years. Oertel is leaving to be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District starting this fall.
With the school year nearly ready to start, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, the School Board decided. Hiring an interim principal will mean the School Board can take its time to find the right person to permanently take over the reins.
Bussen was Muskego High School principal for 11 years from 2001 to 2012 before becoming an assistant Muskego-Norway superintendent in the 2012-13 school year. He retired last July at the end of the 2012-13 school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan could be presented Monday to battle scourge that has hit Little Muskego Lake. Boaters could be
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee.: Pet blood screening to be offered
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more doggy and cat donors to keep all pets healthy.
- A 5K Fun Run/Walk and Wellness Fair will be held by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce May 2.
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Tornado watch in effect
- Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce honors pair of businesses
- Citizen Athlete: Functional Fitness for the Athlete in You opens in Muskego
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 9