The Muskego-Norway School Board appointed former Muskego High School principal Dennis Bussen as the interim High School principal on Monday.
The action came after the recent resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years. Oertel is leaving to be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District starting this fall.
With the school year nearly ready to start, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, the School Board decided. Hiring an interim principal will mean the School Board can take its time to find the right person to permanently take over the reins.
Bussen was Muskego High School principal for 11 years from 2001 to 2012 before becoming an assistant Muskego-Norway superintendent in the 2012-13 school year. He retired last July at the end of the 2012-13 school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire causes $300,000 in damage to Muskego boutique
- Study could end in third referendum in Muskego-Norway School District
- Parkland Mall sells, new Parkland lawsuit on horizon in Muskego
- Three charged in connection with theft of $400,000 from Muskego home
- Optional academic standards OK with schools
- First round of random drug tests at Muskego High School all negative
- Fuse on new fireworks law about to ignite
- Multiple pay levels set for Muskego-Norway School District