The Muskego-Norway School Board appointed former Muskego High School principal Dennis Bussen as the interim High School principal on Monday.
The action came after the recent resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years. Oertel is leaving to be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District starting this fall.
With the school year nearly ready to start, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, the School Board decided. Hiring an interim principal will mean the School Board can take its time to find the right person to permanently take over the reins.
Bussen was Muskego High School principal for 11 years from 2001 to 2012 before becoming an assistant Muskego-Norway superintendent in the 2012-13 school year. He retired last July at the end of the 2012-13 school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students