The Muskego-Norway School Board appointed former Muskego High School principal Dennis Bussen as the interim High School principal on Monday.
The action came after the recent resignation of Ryan Oertel who has been at the school's helm for two years. Oertel is leaving to be curriculum coordinator for secondary education in the Elmbrook School District starting this fall.
With the school year nearly ready to start, this is a bad time to try to hire a principal, the School Board decided. Hiring an interim principal will mean the School Board can take its time to find the right person to permanently take over the reins.
Bussen was Muskego High School principal for 11 years from 2001 to 2012 before becoming an assistant Muskego-Norway superintendent in the 2012-13 school year. He retired last July at the end of the 2012-13 school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway District one of only three Wisconsin districts to lower levy for five years (2)
- Lots of people attend Moorland Road in Muskego project meeting, few criticisms (2)
- Two more charged in connection with Muskego Petro Mart armed robbery
- Muskego police arrest house burglary suspects; cremated remains of son were not recovered
- Muskego-Norway School Board approves holding a $43.2 million referendum on April 5
- Aldermen favor going ahead with new Muskego City Hall, police station
- Muskego police searching for explorer recruits
- Evers nominates Muskego Elementary School for Blue Ribbon award
- Muskego man, 27, faces armed robbery charge connected to gas station hold up
- Plans for new Muskego city hall, police station appear to win favor