A plan to build garden homes and senior condominiums on Little Muskego Lake hit a setback Tuesday at the Muskego Plan Commission that unanimously recommended against changes in zoning and the city comprehensive plan that would have allowed the plan.
Housing density was the main issue.
Ener-Con Companies proposes a gated community and a 24-unit condomium building for seniors along Janesville Road and just east of Pioneer Drive.
The zoning and 2020 Comprehensive Plan changes can still be approved by the Muskego Common Council that will consider them at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The development plan that the commission reviewed considered was somewhat less dense than the original plan of seven homes and 30 senior condos in two buildings.
- Once again, restaurants to serve a Taste of Muskego on the Water
- Muskego Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Low bid way under estimate for Muskego's North Cape Road rec trail
- Muskego police to offer citizens academy in the fall
- Muskego shelves one recreation trail, gets bargain on another
- Muskego neighbors: adding parking not a solution to Kurth Park problem
- Muskego Police report: June 23, 2016
- Muskego survey shows support for splash pad, Frisbee golf, ice skating
- Kayakers enjoy idyllic evening gliding along on Big Muskego Lake
- Being natural irks Civil War buffs; Muskego contends cemetery is historically correct (1)