A plan to build garden homes and senior condominiums on Little Muskego Lake hit a setback Tuesday at the Muskego Plan Commission that unanimously recommended against changes in zoning and the city comprehensive plan that would have allowed the plan.
Housing density was the main issue.
Ener-Con Companies proposes a gated community and a 24-unit condomium building for seniors along Janesville Road and just east of Pioneer Drive.
The zoning and 2020 Comprehensive Plan changes can still be approved by the Muskego Common Council that will consider them at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The development plan that the commission reviewed considered was somewhat less dense than the original plan of seven homes and 30 senior condos in two buildings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Impressive light show hidden in Muskego
- Bakery cooks up new store in Muskego
- Reservations for Waukesha County Parks start Jan. 2
- Muskego and New Berlin briefs
- Muskego gets recreation manaager
- Wine bar's success ferments its expansion
- Part of the cost of a proposed bike path on North Cape Road could be borne by the developer of the A
- Shopping center to dress up
- Former mayor pens history of Muskego
- Teens facing marijuana charges