A plan to build garden homes and senior condominiums on Little Muskego Lake hit a setback Tuesday at the Muskego Plan Commission that unanimously recommended against changes in zoning and the city comprehensive plan that would have allowed the plan.
Housing density was the main issue.
Ener-Con Companies proposes a gated community and a 24-unit condomium building for seniors along Janesville Road and just east of Pioneer Drive.
The zoning and 2020 Comprehensive Plan changes can still be approved by the Muskego Common Council that will consider them at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The development plan that the commission reviewed considered was somewhat less dense than the original plan of seven homes and 30 senior condos in two buildings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new
- Muskego walks in the footsteps of history, guided by signs
- Muskego Jeopardy will test your knowledge of community history
- Calendar: Nov. 13