A plan to build garden homes and senior condominiums on Little Muskego Lake hit a setback Tuesday at the Muskego Plan Commission that unanimously recommended against changes in zoning and the city comprehensive plan that would have allowed the plan.
Housing density was the main issue.
Ener-Con Companies proposes a gated community and a 24-unit condomium building for seniors along Janesville Road and just east of Pioneer Drive.
The zoning and 2020 Comprehensive Plan changes can still be approved by the Muskego Common Council that will consider them at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12.
The development plan that the commission reviewed considered was somewhat less dense than the original plan of seven homes and 30 senior condos in two buildings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego police seeking participants for its spring citizen's academy
- Muskego Police report: Feb. 11
- Muskego-Norway District one of only three Wisconsin districts to lower levy for five years (2)
- Lots of people attend Moorland Road in Muskego project meeting, few criticisms (2)
- Two more charged in connection with Muskego Petro Mart armed robbery
- Muskego police arrest house burglary suspects; cremated remains of son were not recovered
- Muskego-Norway School Board approves holding a $43.2 million referendum on April 5
- Aldermen favor going ahead with new Muskego City Hall, police station
- Muskego police searching for explorer recruits
- Evers nominates Muskego Elementary School for Blue Ribbon award