Muskego - Country Meadows Elementary School in the Muskego-Norway School District is one of five Wisconsin schools that Tony Evers, state superintendent of public instruction, nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Schools award program.
The program recognizes overall academic excellence or progress in improving student achievement.
The other nominees are Grafton Elementary School in the Grafton School District; Kohler High School in the Kohler School District; Ridgeway Elementary School in the Dodgeville School District; and Suamico Elementary School in the Howard Suamico School District.
The Blue Ribbon Schools Program began in 1982 and has recognized nearly 7,000 of America's schools over the years. Selection criteria require schools to have met adequate yearly progress targets in 2010-11 and annual measurable objectives for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 school years.
Awards will be given in two categories. "Exemplary High Performing Schools" are those that are in the top 15 percent in performance on the state's reading and mathematics assessments and have no student groups lagging behind. "Exemplary Improving Schools" have at least 40 percent of students from disadvantaged backgrounds and have made the most progress in improving student achievement on state assessments.
The winners are typically announced in early September.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 10
- Corrections: March 13
- General election voters guide for Muskego mayor
- Forum profiles Muskego aldermanic candidates
- Muskego mayoral candidates voice their positions
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 3rd Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 1st Aldermanic District
- Election 2014: Voters guide for Muskego 5th Aldermanic District
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars