Muskego - On Friday, the Muskego High School Performing Arts Center became a time machine for area children, taking them on a poignant and gripping journey to Germany of 1938.
Two matinees of "My Heart In a Suitcase" were performed for a combined audience of Muskego and other area high school and middle school students by the national tour company ArtsPower.
The play is a compelling adaptation of Anne Lehmann Fox's autobiographical book of her experiences as a 12-year-old on the Kindertransport, a project that rescued about 10,000 Jewish children from Naziism in Germany and other countries in 1938.
The event was sponsored by the Muskego Performing Arts Council, a non-profit group of volunteers whose mission is to bring quality professional arts and educational events to the community.
Another Arts Council-sponsored event is the annual national tour of Missoula Children's Theatre, which will come to Muskego in August for the seventh consecutive year. This summer's production will be "Pinocchio."
More information on the council is available from Steven Krause, PAC manager/technical director, at (262) 971-1790, ext. 4845.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges
- Aquatic experts gather to devise battle plan for new pest found in Little Muskego Lake
- The musical "Catch Me If You Can" will be staged at Muskego High School
- Updated: Interim appointed after New Berlin West boys basketball coach arrested for pot (1)
- Milwaukee man accused of sexually assaulting 15-year-old Muskego girl
- Muskego reduces times, days for private fireworks
- Muskego blaze that destroyed a building Monday started between floors
- Muskego High School marching band heads to New Orleans
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel