Muskego — A colorful fireworks show with patriotic music playing in the background will top off the Water Bugs ski show salute to Independence Day on Thursday, July 3, at Idle Isle Park, Muskego.
Every year, families flock to Idle Isle Park, W182 S6666 Hardtke Drive, to watch the July 3 free ski show and the fireworks. The futures show of young skiers in the Water Bugs ski team will be at 6 p.m. and the main show will be at 6:30 p.m.
This summer, the show is "It's a Bug's Life."
"Since we're the Water Bugs," everything has a little buggy theme, said Mark Moriarty, former ski club president. "So we could have a lady bug doing ballet or grasshoppers jumping."
The Water Bugs are known for their pyramids on skis and for the July 3 performance Moriarty said, "We'll probably attempt a double-top four-high."
Lots of families bring their dinner or they buy dinner there of hot dogs, brats, corn on the cob, soda and potato chips. The concession stand will probably open about 3 p.m. Moriarty said, and stay open until after the fireworks or until the food runs out.
Once again, the Water Bugs will have Music on the Move Plus provide children's activities. There will be a bounce house and a rock climbing wall. The jousting area may also be back or the company might choose another activity, he said. The activities will start at 2 or 3 p.m., he said.
The fireworks will be at dusk, around 9:15 or 9:30 p.m.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
- Energy savings almost pay for new gym floor at Muskego High School
- Parkland Mall redevelopment ready to go ahead after getting sixth vote (1)
- Muskego Plan Commission recommends controversial Parkland apartments
- Former West Bend administrator waives right to hearing in Muskego case
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (3)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016