Muskego — A colorful fireworks show with patriotic music playing in the background will top off the Water Bugs ski show salute to Independence Day on Thursday, July 3, at Idle Isle Park, Muskego.
Every year, families flock to Idle Isle Park, W182 S6666 Hardtke Drive, to watch the July 3 free ski show and the fireworks. The futures show of young skiers in the Water Bugs ski team will be at 6 p.m. and the main show will be at 6:30 p.m.
This summer, the show is "It's a Bug's Life."
"Since we're the Water Bugs," everything has a little buggy theme, said Mark Moriarty, former ski club president. "So we could have a lady bug doing ballet or grasshoppers jumping."
The Water Bugs are known for their pyramids on skis and for the July 3 performance Moriarty said, "We'll probably attempt a double-top four-high."
Lots of families bring their dinner or they buy dinner there of hot dogs, brats, corn on the cob, soda and potato chips. The concession stand will probably open about 3 p.m. Moriarty said, and stay open until after the fireworks or until the food runs out.
Once again, the Water Bugs will have Music on the Move Plus provide children's activities. There will be a bounce house and a rock climbing wall. The jousting area may also be back or the company might choose another activity, he said. The activities will start at 2 or 3 p.m., he said.
The fireworks will be at dusk, around 9:15 or 9:30 p.m.
— Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with choking mom
- Emerald Park landfill remains a classroom
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new