Muskego - The new principal of Muskego High School is Ryan Oertel, currently principal of Lake Denoon Middle School.
The Muskego-Norway School Board approved a contract for Oertel on Monday effective July 1.
"During his 10 years with the Muskego-Norway School District, Mr. Oertel has been an incredible learning leader," Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson, who will move up to superintendent in July, said in a news release announcing the appointment. "After serving four years as an associate principal at Muskego High School, he was promoted as Lake Denoon Middle School principal in 2006. We are excited that he will be returning to the high school in this new role where he can continue his positive impact on students and staff."
Oertel said, "I am thrilled to once again have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the deeply committed, student-centered MHS staff. "Ensuring that our students are college and career ready and setting them up for postsecondary success in an increasingly complex, ever-changing world is a great responsibility," he said.
Oertel received a teaching degree from Marquette University in 1997 and a master's degree from Marian College in educational leadership in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego-Norway District one of only three Wisconsin districts to lower levy for five years (2)
- Lots of people attend Moorland Road in Muskego project meeting, few criticisms (2)
- Two more charged in connection with Muskego Petro Mart armed robbery
- Muskego police arrest house burglary suspects; cremated remains of son were not recovered
- Muskego-Norway School Board approves holding a $43.2 million referendum on April 5
- Aldermen favor going ahead with new Muskego City Hall, police station
- Muskego police searching for explorer recruits
- Evers nominates Muskego Elementary School for Blue Ribbon award
- Muskego man, 27, faces armed robbery charge connected to gas station hold up
- Plans for new Muskego city hall, police station appear to win favor