Muskego - The new principal of Muskego High School is Ryan Oertel, currently principal of Lake Denoon Middle School.
The Muskego-Norway School Board approved a contract for Oertel on Monday effective July 1.
"During his 10 years with the Muskego-Norway School District, Mr. Oertel has been an incredible learning leader," Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson, who will move up to superintendent in July, said in a news release announcing the appointment. "After serving four years as an associate principal at Muskego High School, he was promoted as Lake Denoon Middle School principal in 2006. We are excited that he will be returning to the high school in this new role where he can continue his positive impact on students and staff."
Oertel said, "I am thrilled to once again have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the deeply committed, student-centered MHS staff. "Ensuring that our students are college and career ready and setting them up for postsecondary success in an increasingly complex, ever-changing world is a great responsibility," he said.
Oertel received a teaching degree from Marquette University in 1997 and a master's degree from Marian College in educational leadership in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Emerald Park landfill remains a classroom
- Muskego's Country Christmas on Saturday features ugly sweater contest
- Signature gathering to start soon for Muskego Common Council
- Muskego parks, recreation director resigns after reshuffle
- Muskego may cut days, hours for fireworks displays at homes
- Muskego Common Council approves rezoning for lake home/condo plan
- Muskego and New Berlin Police Reports: Nov. 13
- Muskego mixes old and new
- Muskego walks in the footsteps of history, guided by signs