Muskego - The new principal of Muskego High School is Ryan Oertel, currently principal of Lake Denoon Middle School.
The Muskego-Norway School Board approved a contract for Oertel on Monday effective July 1.
"During his 10 years with the Muskego-Norway School District, Mr. Oertel has been an incredible learning leader," Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson, who will move up to superintendent in July, said in a news release announcing the appointment. "After serving four years as an associate principal at Muskego High School, he was promoted as Lake Denoon Middle School principal in 2006. We are excited that he will be returning to the high school in this new role where he can continue his positive impact on students and staff."
Oertel said, "I am thrilled to once again have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the deeply committed, student-centered MHS staff. "Ensuring that our students are college and career ready and setting them up for postsecondary success in an increasingly complex, ever-changing world is a great responsibility," he said.
Oertel received a teaching degree from Marquette University in 1997 and a master's degree from Marian College in educational leadership in 2002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students