Muskego - The new principal of Muskego High School is Ryan Oertel, currently principal of Lake Denoon Middle School.
The Muskego-Norway School Board approved a contract for Oertel on Monday effective July 1.
"During his 10 years with the Muskego-Norway School District, Mr. Oertel has been an incredible learning leader," Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson, who will move up to superintendent in July, said in a news release announcing the appointment. "After serving four years as an associate principal at Muskego High School, he was promoted as Lake Denoon Middle School principal in 2006. We are excited that he will be returning to the high school in this new role where he can continue his positive impact on students and staff."
Oertel said, "I am thrilled to once again have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the deeply committed, student-centered MHS staff. "Ensuring that our students are college and career ready and setting them up for postsecondary success in an increasingly complex, ever-changing world is a great responsibility," he said.
Oertel received a teaching degree from Marquette University in 1997 and a master's degree from Marian College in educational leadership in 2002.
- Parkland Mall redevelopment ready to go ahead after getting sixth vote (1)
- Muskego Plan Commission recommends controversial Parkland apartments
- Former West Bend administrator waives right to hearing in Muskego case
- Former Green Bay Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Former Packer LeRoy Butler to be part of Muskego Jammin' on Janesville
- Muskego Plan Commission to hold special meeting on Parkland Mall plan
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Muskego aldermen declare positions on controversial Parkland Mall plan (3)
- Muskego Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- Muskego High School to be mattress store for a day (2)