Muskego - The new principal of Muskego High School is Ryan Oertel, currently principal of Lake Denoon Middle School.
The Muskego-Norway School Board approved a contract for Oertel on Monday effective July 1.
"During his 10 years with the Muskego-Norway School District, Mr. Oertel has been an incredible learning leader," Assistant Superintendent Kelly Thompson, who will move up to superintendent in July, said in a news release announcing the appointment. "After serving four years as an associate principal at Muskego High School, he was promoted as Lake Denoon Middle School principal in 2006. We are excited that he will be returning to the high school in this new role where he can continue his positive impact on students and staff."
Oertel said, "I am thrilled to once again have an opportunity to work collaboratively with the deeply committed, student-centered MHS staff. "Ensuring that our students are college and career ready and setting them up for postsecondary success in an increasingly complex, ever-changing world is a great responsibility," he said.
Oertel received a teaching degree from Marquette University in 1997 and a master's degree from Marian College in educational leadership in 2002.
- Muskego gets a $500,000 state grant for Parkland Mall redevelopment (1)
- Time lapse: A tour of Big Muskego Lake shows hope, beauty reign in giant wetland
- Muskego Police blotter: July 21
- Inclusive playground, dumping prairie part of Muskego parks review
- Muskego child enticement hearing for former West Bend official delayed
- Questions must be answered before Muskego Youth Football can use park
- Muskego soccer parents, Kurth Park neighbors might be on same side
- Dog park idea takes step backward in Muskego
- Local lake districts, statewide programs persist in battle against invasive species
- Pickleball tickles Muskego seniors who flock to new courts