Muskego's only contested race is in 2nd District
Harenda redistricted out of his current post
Muskego - Even though four aldermanic seats will be up for re-election in Muskego, there will be a race in only District 2 where incumbent Kert Harenda cannot run for re-election because he no longer lives in the district.
Harenda's home ended up in Neil Borgman's 3rd District after the redistricting the Common Council approved following the 2010 federal census.
So, in District 2, Robert Hammel, W17003 Casey Drive, and William Butch LeDoux, W14593 Janesville Road, hope to get the nod from voters in the spring election April 2.
In District 6, incumbent Neome Schaumberg will step down in April after 16 years of service to the city, four of them as alderwoman. Running unopposed in District 6 is Kevin Kubacki, S11072 Point Denoon Road.
Two other incumbents who both were appointed last year to fill vacancies on the council also will run unopposed. They are Rob Glazier, S7588 Kingston Drive, in District 4, and Eileen Madden, W14800 Union Church Drive, in District 7.
Aldermanic terms are two years and aldermen receive $7,639 annually.
On the school side, Rick Petfalski, S8184 Highland Park Drive, will run unopposed for a fourth three-year term on the Muskego-Norway School Board, and Brett Hyde, W14458 Hidden Creek Court, will run unopposed for a third term.
School Board members receive $4,195 annually.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Another call to restrict boat traffic on Little Muskego Lake
- Wind Lake residents want Little Muskego Lake closed to boating to halt spread of invasive Stonewort
- GoPro video: Watch divers take on invasive algae in Little Muskego Lake (1)
- Scuba divers begin to battle invasive lake killer in Little Muskego Lake
- Driver accused in bicyclists deaths in Muskego released on bail
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 25
- Muskego Police hold pet calendar contest
- South Milwaukee man charged in deaths of two bicyclists in Muskego
- Lake Denoon Middle School up for $20,000 grant, but needs support
- New summer school classes brings in Muskego-Norway students