Muskego's only contested race is in 2nd District
Harenda redistricted out of his current post
Muskego - Even though four aldermanic seats will be up for re-election in Muskego, there will be a race in only District 2 where incumbent Kert Harenda cannot run for re-election because he no longer lives in the district.
Harenda's home ended up in Neil Borgman's 3rd District after the redistricting the Common Council approved following the 2010 federal census.
So, in District 2, Robert Hammel, W17003 Casey Drive, and William Butch LeDoux, W14593 Janesville Road, hope to get the nod from voters in the spring election April 2.
In District 6, incumbent Neome Schaumberg will step down in April after 16 years of service to the city, four of them as alderwoman. Running unopposed in District 6 is Kevin Kubacki, S11072 Point Denoon Road.
Two other incumbents who both were appointed last year to fill vacancies on the council also will run unopposed. They are Rob Glazier, S7588 Kingston Drive, in District 4, and Eileen Madden, W14800 Union Church Drive, in District 7.
Aldermanic terms are two years and aldermen receive $7,639 annually.
On the school side, Rick Petfalski, S8184 Highland Park Drive, will run unopposed for a fourth three-year term on the Muskego-Norway School Board, and Brett Hyde, W14458 Hidden Creek Court, will run unopposed for a third term.
School Board members receive $4,195 annually.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plan could be presented Monday to battle scourge that has hit Little Muskego Lake
- Doggy donation event, police open house to be held May 9 in Milwaukee
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- A 5K Fun Run/Walk and Wellness Fair will be held by the Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce May 2.
- New Berlin returns incumbents to school board
- Tornado watch in effect
- Muskego Area Chamber of Commerce honors pair of businesses
- Citizen Athlete: Functional Fitness for the Athlete in You opens in Muskego
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 9