Muskego's only contested race is in 2nd District
Harenda redistricted out of his current post
Muskego - Even though four aldermanic seats will be up for re-election in Muskego, there will be a race in only District 2 where incumbent Kert Harenda cannot run for re-election because he no longer lives in the district.
Harenda's home ended up in Neil Borgman's 3rd District after the redistricting the Common Council approved following the 2010 federal census.
So, in District 2, Robert Hammel, W17003 Casey Drive, and William Butch LeDoux, W14593 Janesville Road, hope to get the nod from voters in the spring election April 2.
In District 6, incumbent Neome Schaumberg will step down in April after 16 years of service to the city, four of them as alderwoman. Running unopposed in District 6 is Kevin Kubacki, S11072 Point Denoon Road.
Two other incumbents who both were appointed last year to fill vacancies on the council also will run unopposed. They are Rob Glazier, S7588 Kingston Drive, in District 4, and Eileen Madden, W14800 Union Church Drive, in District 7.
Aldermanic terms are two years and aldermen receive $7,639 annually.
On the school side, Rick Petfalski, S8184 Highland Park Drive, will run unopposed for a fourth three-year term on the Muskego-Norway School Board, and Brett Hyde, W14458 Hidden Creek Court, will run unopposed for a third term.
School Board members receive $4,195 annually.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Candidates tackle issues of growth and development in Muskego's 4th District aldermanic race
- In brief: grand openning, Brownies
- Muskego-Norway assistant superintendent chooses return to classroom
- Principal named for Muskego High School
- Desserts bridge cultural gaps among exhange students in Muskego
- A new chocolate shop in Muskego finds early sweet success
- Community calendar: March 12, 2015
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch