Three New Berlin School Board members and two on the Muskego-Norway School Board are up for re-election in April.
On the New Berlin board, the terms of John Kegel, who is in his second term, and Tom David and Keith Hastings, both in their first terms, will expire.
Hastings said last week that he is undecided about another term, but, "I'm leaning toward it." David said Monday he had not decided. Kegel was available for comment by press deadline.
New Berlin School Board members serve for three year-terms and receive $3,500 annually, the same as last year. The board president receives $5,000.
On the Muskego-Norway board, the terms of Rick Petfalski, in his third term, and Brett Hyde, in his second, will expire in April.
Petfalski said he plans to seek a fourth term, saying he wants to help the district continue its track record of the last nine years of improving education while actually lowering property taxes for schools. Hyde was unavailable to comment by press deadline.
Effective after April's elections, the new annual salary for the Muskego-Norway board will be $4,195 for members and $4,545 for the board president.
Candidates for either board can file election papers from Monday until the filing deadline at 5 p.m. Jan. 2. New Berlin candidates can file at the District Office, 4333 S. Sunny Slope Road, and Muskego-Norway candidates at the Educational Services Center, W18763 Woods Road.
The election will be April 2. If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 19.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego officials updated on potential closing of popular boat launch
- Muskego may close popular Little Muskego Lake boat launch
- The world of Elliott: A Muskego mom’s journey to understanding her son
- Wauwatosa rubber stamp company Schwaab chooses Brookfield for new home
- Community calendar: March 5, 2015
- Irish dancer to visit Muskego
- Muskego parades in Mardi Gras
- Citing sleep research, Muskego student pushes for later school start time
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- Muskego-Norway School District to expand use of photo badges