Three New Berlin School Board members and two on the Muskego-Norway School Board are up for re-election in April.
On the New Berlin board, the terms of John Kegel, who is in his second term, and Tom David and Keith Hastings, both in their first terms, will expire.
Hastings said last week that he is undecided about another term, but, "I'm leaning toward it." David said Monday he had not decided. Kegel was available for comment by press deadline.
New Berlin School Board members serve for three year-terms and receive $3,500 annually, the same as last year. The board president receives $5,000.
On the Muskego-Norway board, the terms of Rick Petfalski, in his third term, and Brett Hyde, in his second, will expire in April.
Petfalski said he plans to seek a fourth term, saying he wants to help the district continue its track record of the last nine years of improving education while actually lowering property taxes for schools. Hyde was unavailable to comment by press deadline.
Effective after April's elections, the new annual salary for the Muskego-Norway board will be $4,195 for members and $4,545 for the board president.
Candidates for either board can file election papers from Monday until the filing deadline at 5 p.m. Jan. 2. New Berlin candidates can file at the District Office, 4333 S. Sunny Slope Road, and Muskego-Norway candidates at the Educational Services Center, W18763 Woods Road.
The election will be April 2. If a primary is needed, it will be held Feb. 19.
- Jane Ford-Stewart
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rezoning for second Little Muskego Lake beach home plan recommended
- Muskego-Norway students go back to school
- Will condo development harm the Little Muskego Lake? (1)
- Trout Unlimited/DNR scour dam suggested for Muskego's Jewel Creek (1)
- American Legion Post 356 of Muskego honors Piggly Wiggly owner
- Muskego's salute to summer coming soon
- Muskego schools ready its staff for a new semester
- Muskego-Norway School District gets new director of secondary learning
- Muskego High School gets new associate principal
- Computer systems administrator to be hired at Muskego-Norway