With a Walmart Supercenter proposed for Greenfield Avenue bringing dozens of comments at last week's New Berlin Plan Commission meeting, an informational open house for the proposed store will be held.
It will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 23 at Ronald Reagan Elementary School, 4225 S. Calhoun Road. More information is available at newberlin.org.
The nearly 150,000-square-foot supercenter - a combination general merchandise store and supermarket - is proposed for 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on New Berlin's northern border with Brookfield.
The existing 108,000-square-foot Walmart at 15333 W. National Ave., in the New Berlin City Center, would close, according to a plan of operations filed with the city.
The proposed 16-acre site is mostly woodland about a block east of Moorland Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 6
- Muskego High School's heavy weight room issue comes down to dollars
- Muskego-Norway district tests ideas on drug-use detection at high school
- Muskego School District considers random drug tests
- Options narrow for Muskego High School weight room floor
- Muskego scores for Mukwonago girl stricken with leukemia
- News & Notes: Feb. 17
- 'Legally Blonde' requires a bit of forethought in Muskego
- Muskego candidates face questions in March 6 public forum